FranzAtGaming

Stuck at Loading screen!!

Date/Time: Since 6.25.12 When i bought Arma 2 for DayZ

What happened:

Everytime i stuck at the last loading screen. Everything is black and in the middel is a loading screen. It looks like that its done, but i cant start! I cant play any game! This is so frustrating i tried to reinstall and search for a solution, but i cant find anything =/ pls help!

Where you were: /

What you were doing: /

*Current installed version: The newst version with the Six Updater/ Launcher

*Server(s) you were on: I tried a lot of servers but none work!

*Your system specs: Windows 7 64 bit / Intel Core Quad CPU @8300 2.5 GHz/ ATI Radeon HD 4650

*Timeline of events before/after error: ?

I'm having the same problem as the original poster.

I also tried reinstalling (several times), and I tried both the SixLauncher method which I'm currently using with little success, and the manual installation method.

Using either method leads to the same problems, which most commonly the game freezes on the "LOADING" screen. Sometimes it'll freeze on the "RECEIVING" screen, or if I path both of those (which is rare), the game will freeze on the "WAITING TO CREATE CHARACTER" screen.

I realize the game's in it's (very) early Alpha stages, so if these problems are something everyone's experiencing I fully understand; it takes time to make things work the way they're supposed to. On the other hand, if these problems don't show up across the board, I would really like to be able to solve them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Happened to me a few times today. It only appears to happen if I close Sixlauncher before I'm actually in the game. So far, if I leave it running I get in no problem. I then close it via the Task Manager.

Having the same problem, stuck at the last loading bar. Just bought the game today, was hoping to play today!

Played earlier today without a problem, now I seem not to be able to get into any server. Every single one I try, I get stuk on the loading screen.

same happens to me...

logged out yesterday tried to play today ... not working

changed nothing

same happens to me...

logged out yesterday tried to play today ... not working

changed nothing

Same thing happening to me.. this so fruesterating.. i got this game for this mod and just finished installing and i get F*CKED over like this. im pissed.

• Like 1

Yup just finished installing Arma 2 and Operation Arrowhead on Steam, Run it once. Install the latest six launcher and it download the necessary file for the Day Z mod. Tried joining a server and it stuck at the loading screen when it finished the loading. Hope someone can help with this soon. Cause you can't imagine how long it is to download this through Steam with Indonesia's Internet connection x_x and finds out you can't play it.

Ok so i had this problem too, i downloaded the full game from steam and installed it all but when i loaded the game i joined a server and had the loading screen, what i did wrong was i DIDN'T install the beta as it correctly lists in the instructions listed below. Install the beta which is mentioned in the install insructions (i thought having the full game this wouldn't be an issues - IT IS!)

Here are the instructions i used:

http://dayzwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=How_to_install_DayZ

So i compiled the instructions from that site into an easy to understand and follow summary below:

Before you click the download links please check wheather you installed the game from steam or from retail IT WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE, Then read the instructions below accordingly.

BETA download link:

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

RETAIL - Beta Patch Install Instructions

1. Download and install beta patch from http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php (Latest patch is in the green field top of page)

2. If you are met with a "Password screen" then choose the top version on page (Not in the green field)

3. Go to the Arma2:OA main directory and right-click on shortcut "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch". Add "-mod=@dayz" without quotes to the target line.

4. Run "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch" and enjoy playing!

NOTE: Remember to install DayZ MOD before launching the game!

STEAM - Beta Patch Install Instructions

1. Download and install beta patch from http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php (Latest patch is in the green field top of page)

2. If you are met with a "Password screen" then choose the top version on page (Not in the green field)

3. Go to the Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead directory (for example C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead) and right-click -> edit on .cmd file "_runA2CO_beta.cmd". Search for ":run" near the end of the file. Add ";@dayz" without quotes to "-mod=%_ARMA2PATH%;EXPANSION;ca".

4. Run "_runA2CO_beta.cmd" and enjoy playing!

You may create a new shortcut to "_runA2CO_beta.cmd"

AFTER you install the beta you will need to open the Six launcher and click verify if you haven't already becuase it needs to verify the version you installed

HOPE THIS HELPED!!!

Ok so i had this problem too' date=' i downloaded the full game from steam and installed it all but when i loaded the game i joined a server and had the loading screen, what i did wrong was i DIDN'T install the beta as it correctly lists in the instructions listed below. Install the beta which is mentioned in the install insructions (i thought having the full game this wouldn't be an issues - IT IS!)

So i compiled the instructions from that site into an easy to understand and follow summary below:

Before you click the download links please check wheather you installed the game from steam or from retail IT WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE, Then read the instructions below accordingly.

BETA download link:

3. Go to the Arma2:OA main directory and right-click on shortcut "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch". Add "-mod=@dayz" without quotes to the target line.

3. Go to the Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead directory (for example C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead) and right-click -> edit on .cmd file "_runA2CO_beta.cmd". Search for ":run" near the end of the file. Add ";@dayz" without quotes to "-mod=%_ARMA2PATH%;EXPANSION;ca".

AFTER you install the beta you will need to open the Six launcher and click verify if you haven't already becuase it needs to verify the version you installed

HOPE THIS HELPED!!!

[/quote']

When clicking on your link "http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php" everything loads correctly on the page but when clicking on the download in the green bar ontop the screen it just fails to load and says my net is down. fmmmmmmmmmmmmmmllllll.

now when it does work i need a pass for the top versions and the top one in green. please. what am i doing wrong!

• Like 1

Ok so i had this problem too' date=' i downloaded the full game from steam and installed it all but when i loaded the game i joined a server and had the loading screen, what i did wrong was i DIDN'T install the beta as it correctly lists in the instructions listed below. Install the beta which is mentioned in the install insructions (i thought having the full game this wouldn't be an issues - IT IS!)

BETA download link:

HOPE THIS HELPED!!!

[/quote']

Okay got it running now after installing the beta patch. Thanks a lot :) quick question though, so do you need to un install the beta patch first if there is a new beta patch? If so, how? Thanks again for pointing out my mistake.

Its still now working for me :@. whenever i try to click on one of the links it always needs a password.. i dont think im doing this wrong but i guess it is a possibility. this is not fun :'(

yeah... still nothing.. im actually mad now, bought this game solely for this mod and no luck so far. :/

Its still now working for me :@. whenever i try to click on one of the links it always needs a password.. i dont think im doing this wrong but i guess it is a possibility. this is not fun :'(

yeah... still nothing.. im actually mad now' date=' bought this game solely for this mod and no luck so far. :/

[/quote']

I downloaded the beta patch from other sites. Try googling it. Find a trustworthy Site though.

Not working.

Thats even no answer for a game that just worked and started to *** up the other moment

Yeah, I tried another site and it worked.. thanks for the help bro! The only thing is idk if the graphics are always this hazel/fuzzy/unclear but with the settings im on Im not sure if im liking the look of it. Maybe they can change? Idk haven't gotten time to play with em. Another thing it seems like some controlled arnt what they say they are.. like some don't work when I press the corresponding key.. idk. I'll play with it all when I get back from work!

Same has happened to me, and so far no one knows how to fix it, only just brought it too >.>

Feeling like wasted money atm

Could a Staff Member/Admin what ever reset my Character ? (dont mean to get my stuff back) just delete the character maybe he is stuck what ever...

overall a response from the Team would be nice ...

Some ppl got this Problem for like a month and no response from the Team ...

seems like no one cares

I am having the same issue as everyone else that has this problem. I get stuck at the last loading screen. I've updated everything that i thought would fix it and nothing happened so idk whats going on but i would like this fixed fast please. thank you