Hey I've been playing for a little while and have managed to get a nice little setup going but the only thing I'm desperately looking for are matches. Where can I find them or can anyone set me up with some?

I've done my best to avoid people so far after hearing the stories coming out from here and watching youtube videos. I got to confess I'm getting a little weirded out, like.. proper afraid of player populated areas after getting shot one time on the outskirts of being on a city. I don't mind going into them but I avoid other players like the plague because I don't want to shoot people (I love FPS though, weird) or get shot myself. As a result though I'm actually getting proper paranoid playing this game, its so emotionally draining! Glad this isn't real I'd wig out.

I don't want to die over some matches but is there a safe way to get some? I got bandages/drink to trade if thats an option.

The only place I found matches are in the northern stores like Polvana. The southern stores are looted to often.

Head towards Berezino (north east). Its a bit far but it has 2 stores. Hitting all stores on the way.

Most of them can be found in Supermarkets and some in the High value residential looting places:

The supermarkets can be found on this map:

http://dayzdb.com/map

I found matches in supermarket in Cherno (west side of city). Also I must add that this market was full of maps/binoculars.

Yeah I found binoculars and a map in Cherno too.. I can get by without them so far tho. Lack of binoculars will probably be my end in the long run but I get the map up at the same time in the game on a separate screen.

Berezino/Polvana sounds good a straight line Berezino will take me through Polvana too.

Masok88 try to play without any help from outside game (like map on other screen). It is so much better!

I did to start with but found I spending way longer than necessary exploring towns looking for possible gear, so many trash piles on servers where there should be loot. If the loot system was sorted out I wouldn't bother with it.

Race you to them. If I could find them living would be so much easier. I wish you could light fires with chemlights, I got those coming out of my eyeballs.

I've twice found matches in the outhouse toilets in small towns. Total luck though, about 20 playthroughs and both times i've got my full set up for survival(axe, hunting knife, water bottles, weapons and meds) matches were the last thing to get.

Vybor can be a good area for matches. It has a Supermarket, and right across the road is a high value residential building.

Just be a bit careful as Vybor is close to NW airfield and usually a good pitstop for people heading up that way.