Sign in to follow this  
Mantasisg

Recent experience on launching mod servers

I had couple of rather good plays in modded servers. As much as have played yet, I am very possitive except few things. I guess there will always be those "few things" in DayZ. But in general seems like DayZ is very playable, it is close to being great in modded servers, not yet there, but close. 

Honestly I have zero motivation to launch vanila servers. With 60 players, slow pace, bad KOS and terrible uneventfulness boredom... so IMO moded servers is the choice, as sad as it is that they will most likely always be just sunshine and warm weather without rain... at least they are eventful with 80+ slots and so...

But....

Now lets go to the point. At first you have to get in game. Multiple evenings I have tried to launch modded servers, it is almost always taking 30-50 minutes to succeed. Sometimes I have better luck, but usually:

• constant clickclacking for mod downloading to activate
  • repeating when not all of them downloads
  • getting message that your ping is too bad to enter the server
  • getting the message that there is version mismatch, double checking and finding that versions matching
  • validating files through integrity check, and downloading files
  • getting stuck on loading screen with no point of return, but to restart OS
  • and the list is growing ofcourse

I think a couple of days before I have spend more time making my way to the game, than spending it in game. Today not even making to the game.
    naturally will get better at this, will learn these quirks and features, and suffer less lol, but isn't it terrible.

P.S. don't tell me that I need better internet connection, I know.