Big S.

NO GUNS!!!

I got the game since it came out for PS4. Until this day I already have about 150+ hours (~145 hours of looting - going North West) and I have only once, I repeat, one time only, came across a M4 A1. At this point I lost all the interest to ever place foot up north on any Military placement to loot because I never find anything new plus I never found the guns that are in the game that I spent £40 on to find them, use them and so on... What do I do? Or should they do about it?

13 hours ago, Big S. said:

I got the game since it came out for PS4. Until this day I already have about 150+ hours (~145 hours of looting - going North West) and I have only once, I repeat, one time only, came across a M4 A1. At this point I lost all the interest to ever place foot up north on any Military placement to loot because I never find anything new plus I never found the guns that are in the game that I spent £40 on to find them, use them and so on... What do I do? Or should they do about it?

Welcpome to dayZ , i have been playing for 6 weeks on Xbox and i have never found one that spawned and i found one by accident with some other gear in a house(pure luck)

regards

DonnyDanger78

That odd, came across 3 on a military base I came across, no idea which one as I'm horrible at names on the map lol

Welcome to the rock. It's called duping, that's why there's no guns. I've been playing since the game was in .062 game preview. Those were the good ole days. Since the 1.0 release people have been duping weapons, tents and other goodies out of spawn existence. Apparently it's being worked on but we'll see what happens after the next update. Stick with it, one day it will be the game that it should be.

On 6/15/2019 at 11:13 AM, Big S. said:

I play on PC, so duping isn't a thing with 1.03, but, I will say, I have about 600 hours in game, and of that 600 hours, I have only ever found 2 M4's.  the second one I found two days ago.  They are intended to be ultra rare.  Now, I am hearing that the duping thing takes them off the spawning grid.  I don't know if that's the case, at any rate, Duping or No duping, the M4 is a rare , random and difficult find.  Just play to have fun, explore the map, engage in the world of DayZ, and the loot will come..  The important thing is that you just enjoy yourself.  And remember, this isn't PUBG or Apex Legends or FortNite...  DayZ is a Hard Core, Apocalyptic Survival game...  Its intended to be hard..  and brutal and frustrating..  Prove you deserve to survive in this harsh world.  Not because you paid money to play it, but because your smarter then the other survivors and can out smart and out wit them.  Its a glorious game..  

JSS ~ Just Survive Somehow

Edited by xxDominion

9 minutes ago, xxDominion said:

The important thing is that you just enjoy yourself

That is such a true Statement!

It seems to me a lot of People might belive it is the content to spawn, run west asap, get the Military loot. Dye or find some Barrels. Get them to the middle or east side. Hide some weapons, speed back to the next Military loot point, take weapons and dye or hide them again so to be protected when respawning and being able to equip again with weapons and to repeat the same thing on.

For me it is more sneaking through the enviroment, hiding, finding loot on the way but focusing on a nice place to rest and base. We will see.

How ever, the Major part of this is to enjoy the game as a challenge but with fun as the way is the objective, the final Goal is it not as this is a game. and games get boring when you achieved it all

Edited by CPUTestUnit

You must be a duper trolling. You're joking right? 

Love this game. Been wanting to play it for years. Got it Day 1 on PS4. The game will be dead within a week. Mark my words.

Dupers have already ruined it. Spent 5-7hours on my server and server hoping at NW airfield and Trioitskoe and over random bunkers on the map and all I fing found were like 10 sk' s and 1 USG. A week ago today I was finding everything. Jumped to a dozen servers. 

What's going to make me quit this game by this weekend though is the GD magazine glitch. I had 3 ak's and 3 M4's but now im down to one each because of the fing invisible magazine glitch. Once u cannot detach the magazine the gun is useless. So I basically drop them to the dupers....so one less gun to spawn now. It's fing ridiculous fix this gd shit developers!!

If I do stay it will be to wipe the Liberace dupers out. Game is completely useless if u can't get guns to spawn or other shit like tents. Have only found one car tent as well. 

Only two 3 weeks for this game to be rendered useless. Thanks dupers!

On 6/19/2019 at 4:58 AM, BeyonderG0D said:

I cant tell if this is a joke because Ive seen so many M4 A1 and like @xxDominion says enjoy the game.

5 hours ago, ProgressChrome said:

all I fing found were like 10 sk' s and 1 USG

Hmm, SKS isn't too shabby though right? I mean, it's a pretty decent gun. Shame your collection of assault rifles stopped working though eh? 

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 8:25 PM, xxDominion said:

I play on PC, so duping isn't a thing with 1.03, but, I will say, I have about 600 hours in game, and of that 600 hours, I have only ever found 2 M4's.  the second one I found two days ago.  They are intended to be ultra rare.  Now, I am hearing that the duping thing takes them off the spawning grid.  I don't know if that's the case, at any rate, Duping or No duping, the M4 is a rare , random and difficult find.  Just play to have fun, explore the map, engage in the world of DayZ, and the loot will come..  The important thing is that you just enjoy yourself.  And remember, this isn't PUBG or Apex Legends or FortNite...  DayZ is a Hard Core, Apocalyptic Survival game...  Its intended to be hard..  and brutal and frustrating..  Prove you deserve to survive in this harsh world.  Not because you paid money to play it, but because your smarter then the other survivors and can out smart and out wit them.  Its a glorious game..  

JSS ~ Just Survive Somehow

i would prefer more guns less ammo, seems more legit for a post apocalyptic world. i love and hate this game for the same reasons (love that i cant always find stuff, and hate that i cant find stuff)

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 6:13 AM, Big S. said:

ive been playing the game on ps4 since release and posted about the same issue, then found  2 M4's at NWAF! (i then died of course)

Honestly, I don't really seem to have too much of a problem finding weapons on PS4.   They are rare, as they are supposed to be, and thanks to dupers, they are even more rare.   But you just really need to hit the places they spawn hard, they all still spawn.  I've found multiple KA's, M4s, hell, the only weapon I think I -haven't- found is a LAR Battle Rifle, and only because that item is the single rarest item drop I think in the entire game.  

Assault weapon aren't supposed to be a dime a dozen - but they aren't as rare as you'd think and they only spawn at military installations rightfully so, and those zones just happen to be KOS zones, rightfully so.  

Sub machine guns, even more common.   Find scorpions (and magazines) in security sheds (officer shacks at the edge of military checkpoints/outposts) or even SG5k's inside military tents/barracks, etc.   

The most common, pistols, shotguns and rifles, that can and will be found in almost every house in every town in the game.     Any of these weapons can compete with the assault weapon with a bit of luck and accuracy.  Before finding the latest and greatest weapon on every single run, take time to get to know the game, where stuff spawns, and the fact that you're going to lose that oh so special gear about a dozen or two times before you realize the less you have, the safer you are in many cases.