JeffyG

Black Screen at first login?

Hey everyone,

So I just bought DayZ on my Playstation 4. I logged into a server and it started me in what appears to be "night time". What I mean by that - I hear everything perfect through audio, I can see my indicators at both the bottom left and right of my screen, and what appears to be a VERY bleak moon (meaning I can barely see it). I have no idea what to do because there is no light whatsoever... am I supposed to just wait for sunlight?

I've seen other players spawn on a beach in the daylight with visibility, but I have tried 3 different servers and still have this issue every time.

Can someone please help me out? I'd love to actually be able to play the game that I purchased.

Thanks in advance!

Jeff

This is the PC section so you probably should ask a moderator to move your topic just in case ^^

What server did you join ?

Can you see a moon/sun icon in the server info if it exist in the PS4 version ?

Can you see your character while in your inventory ?

My apologies - new to forums in general. Normally I can figure my issues out but this one is troubling me.

I've tried both US, AS and EU servers - all dark.

I can see stars upon my initial spawn, so I know its "night time".

The only icons I can see is my stamina bar in the lower left corner, and the health indicators in the lower right server.

I'm able to see my inventory (all empty) but cannot see my character.

Thanks for any feedback you can provide... I've been trying this all morning (East Coast - US time).

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, JeffyG said:

I've tried both US, AS and EU servers - all dark.

Look at each server population - choose a server that has any moderate to high pop = that will be daylight
Enjoy

try the PS4 New Player Discussion section for help

Edited by pilgrim*

I never played dayz on console so It's only guesses *

On PC you can see your character while in the inventory and you should see him/her as well... You should also have a hoodie with a flare and a fruit with as well a pant and shoes....

But first of try the advice of @pilgrim* 🙂

• Like 1