Sign in to follow this  
Duck Solo

Strange lighting (daytime PS4)

I seem to be having issues with the lighting in dayz.

During the daytime, even in bright sunlight, when my character is looking straight ahead, the immediate vicinity around me is very dark, pretty much to the point where I don't even notice loot that is there.

When I make my character "look down" the whole area brightens up and I can see.

I am pretty sure this is some kind of problem, and not intended.

Anyone else get this?

Hey, here's a biology experiment for you. Ready? Go outside on a very bright and sunny day. Look at the sun for a few moments. Immidiately look down. Too bright? Well, here's a night variant. Stand in almost dark room. Flash yourself in eyes with your phone and immidiately try to look at the ground? Can't see anything? That's biology 101!

It's intended.

53 minutes ago, Just Caused said:

Hey, here's a biology experiment for you. Ready? Go outside on a very bright and sunny day. Look at the sun for a few moments. Immidiately look down. Too bright? Well, here's a night variant. Stand in almost dark room. Flash yourself in eyes with your phone and immidiately try to look at the ground? Can't see anything? That's biology 101!

It's intended.

I understand what you mean here, but perhaps I explained it wrong.

I am pretty sure that this is not intended, it just seems odd and I have never seen this in another game. 

it happens all the time during the day (in sunlight or not).

I have a friend who plays on Xbox and he says he does not experience this, I have watched videos of him playing and it is true.

Edited by Duck Solo
  • Beans 1