Derleth

Dayzserver instantly closes on startup

I just built a stronger PC to have my server on, but after installing DayZ server and trying to launch it, the program closes instantly on launch, without any error messages or logs. What is happening?

I've tried reinstalling and verifying steam files, nothing helps. Getting desperate here, I slaughtered the old dedicated computer for this and now the program won't even launch properly... Does anyone know what the issue could be?

And what is the error ? Did you installed any mods or custom scripts ?

Nope, it is a pure vanilla server. All I've done is disable night light and some other mere config changes, plus added the new car to the events xml since it is still missing in the stable server files. Problem was the program closed instantly, before even starting the init sequence. So no error messages, logs or anything.

However, when I tried running the dayz server executable directly in the folder (just double clicking the thing) it complained about a missing .dll file. I found this file on my original server PC and copied it to the corresponding windows folder on the new one, and now the server will launch without issues.

Edited by Derleth

Download OmegaManager and let it create a server for you. It even opens the ports in the firewall. It's an indispensable tool for anyone running a DayZ server on their own hardware.

• Beans 1