Sign in to follow this  
Blazk0

A serious problem, please help me.

I just downloaded DayZ standalone. I install it, jump into a server and notice i can't turn right. I check my keybinds and notice there's NOTHING bound to "turn right". I've never heard of this before but OK... i'll just bind it to "mouse right", right?  WRONG  I can't bind ANYTHING to "turn right". I can move fine except for turning right, i don't understand why it's like this. 

Has this happened to anyone before?

So, any DayZ experts out there know how can i bind my "turn right" function so i can actually move correctly? If not, i just wasted money on a game i was reluctant to buy for years. I cant believe this is actually happening, it's such a joke.

Thank you,

Temptor

4 hours ago, Blazk0 said:

i'll just bind it to "mouse right", right?  WRONG  I can't bind ANYTHING to "turn right". I can move fine except for turning right, i don't understand why it's like this. 

You can't "bind" anything to "turn left" either and yet you can "turn left" just fine. No need to go flying down the "I wasted my money train" just yet... Why you invested in it now is totally beyond me but here you are so here we go: 

Go into the game library on steam, go into DayZ properties (right click on the title) and verify game files integrity or whatever its called. Don't remove anything when it asks- just go past that when it asks.

I don't remember the exact path into it but seems to me it's reasonably easy and doesn't involve any right turns. Anyway- go in and do that... then try it again. There's probably a way to go in and delete your keybindings file completely and force the game to recreate it on the next boot... or you can just reinstall. 

Edited by eno