Sign in to follow this  
Cpt.Crunch

Combination lock automatically reset when spawning inside base?

Hi there,

so I've been having this issue for the third time now. At first I thought it's just a bug that the combination lock resets the code while still attached to the gate when I logged back into the game. But it has been happening three times in a row now, so I suspect that when I log out of the game inside my own base and log back in the combination lock gets reset automatically? Or am I just having the worst of luck and the locks bugged out on me three times in a row?
Also, if I remove the lock the from gate with a hacksaw I can't put a new lock on that gate. How come? Is that a bug or a feature?

1 hour ago, Cpt.Crunch said:

so I've been having this issue for the third time now. At first I thought it's just a bug that the combination lock resets the code while still attached to the gate when I logged back into the game. But it has been happening three times in a row now, so I suspect that when I log out of the game inside my own base and log back in the combination lock gets reset automatically? Or am I just having the worst of luck and the locks bugged out on me three times in a row?
Also, if I remove the lock the from gate with a hacksaw I can't put a new lock on that gate. How come? Is that a bug or a feature?

This is a known issue, which the team is looking into. Server crashes cause the locks to be bugged.

2 hours ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

If you are the server owner, there's a mod that changes the lock so it can have 6 alpha numeric characters and it works perfectly, doesn't reset on server restart: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1646187754

Unfortunately I'm not.

On 4/25/2019 at 3:17 PM, ImpulZ said:

This is a known issue, which the team is looking into. Server crashes cause the locks to be bugged.

Please do that. As of now it barely makes sense to build a base. Happened to me 5 times already and I built my base 2 days ago.