Mooseocalypse

Anyone else think 24 or 48 hour marathon clan matches would be badass?

I'm thinking like two clans of 23 people each, plus 4 'unafilliated' players battle it out for supremacy of one server over the course of one weekend. Everyone starts with a fresh spawn by suicide at the start of the match, and from then on, everything is fair game (with the exception of gamey cheats like DC'ing, etc.). All in real-time of course, including night, and no player may disconnect for any reason. Feeling sleepy? Go lay your charcter down in bush while you nap on the couch. Gotta piss? Hide in a bush while you run the bathroom.

I really think it could be cool. Opinions?

Would be damn fun.

If it wasn't for the fact i'm on day 8+ with the rarest gear (except for the rangefinder wich i cant find!! :'C) I would be up for it without question!

Would be awesome to stream it. (Well. Prob not stream it since the other group would without a doubt cheat by watching it :> But maybe upload it after the event on youtube or something. Atleast the highlights!)

Me and my friends usually drive around packed into a car. We've met two cars on two separate occations and its been super exciting both of the times. Can't imagine how awesome it would be with a 3vs3 car convoy bumping into eachother... *drool.* Head-on collition, all cars stop, hide behind the cars and just start mowing people down. People respawn and start fighting over stuff down at cherno/elektro once again.

Not to mention the carnage around Stary/Airfields... *armflail.* I'm in as soon as i die! D: This is too much fun to pass on..

I could see it happening, would be very interesting.

But it should be that they spawn on each side e.g west vs east. with a 'main base' located on each side.

maybe if they sized the map down a bit sure.

I like the idea except....

It just becomes Arma II + food, water, weapon finding....

If servers could hold more people, and I mean a lot of people...

You could have multiple 'gangs' battling it out. maybe one 'owns' NWA, another 'owns' cherno, ect... That would be pretty cool. with limited vehicle spawns, vehicles would be the focal point im guessing.

The NWA's have a chopper! We need to launch a raid and steal it!

If it wasn't for work, I'd play this for 24 hours. It's addictive as crack and pringles combined into a paste and injected up my piss-slit.

uhh... Isn't what you're describing just ARMA II? Its a pretty fun game you know, you should try it out...

While that would be nearly impossible for anyone with a life or job it would be interesting to see however the ONLY way I would even attempt to pay any attention to it would be if they set it up so you can NOT respawn.

When you die, that's it your off the server for the rest of the marathon. It would bring in more strategy and realism when it comes to having fellow friendlies die.

I could see it happening' date=' would be very interesting.

But it should be that they spawn on each side e.g west vs east. with a 'main base' located on each side.

maybe if they sized the map down a bit sure.

[/quote']

Nah, that's defeating the glory of the entire deal. Everyone starts off equal. Then it's up to the teams to span out and explore, fight, and conquer. No knowledge of where the enemy is or what their intentions might be. Points awarded for killing the enemy, maybe also for holding certain strategic locations like Elektro or the Airfields, whatever.

Here's the premise - Chernorus has been split by bitter civil war for the last 25 years. Each side despises the other, and even though the war has been interrupted by Zombie Apocalypse, there will be no cooperation between the parties. Blood lust is as strong as the will to survive.

A bracket tournament to victory:

-First round the objective is to build a base, you must fortify a town AND kill more enemy players than friendlies you lose. Winners advance to:

-Second round. You spawn in with all your gear at your base from round 1. Evac is available in one random city chosen by a DayZ team member as the round begins. You have to get your team there and DC. Points awarded for players DC'd in te Evac zone. No respawns in round 2

You know, something like that anyway. Food for thought.