a50calbullet

Crowbar hack spawn middle of nowhere

I'm hoping someone can help me. I bought Arma II and Arma II OA two days ago and followed directions of installing DAYZ from several youtube videos. I first started on the coast and all was well.

I picked up a crowbar and ventured off a long ways, obviously in the wrong direction and got lost. Now when I start the game again I'm about 20km in the NW region. I have to run for about two hours to get back to the coast. This is bad, BUT I also have a crowbar hack displaying in the upper right of the screen and I cannot drop the crowbar to get rid of it. The drop button isn't activated and the left arrow to get rid of it doesn't work.

Does anyone know how to get rid of this crowbar hack and how to make it so I can start back on the coast again?

I'd appreciate any help,

a50calbullet

You can go into your game and open up the menu and hit respawn you will die but u will respawn

The "crowbar hack" is not a hack if you are worried about that.. I think it only tells you that you have a crowbar equipped and that the "fire-mode" is called hack. :)

You can try to equip your flashlight as secondary(rightclick your flashlight in your toolbelt and click on remove from toolbelt). Then i think you should be able to drop the crowbar. If that doesnt work you can try switching to your flashlight and then dropping your crowbar.

The "crowbar hack" is not a hack if you are worried about that.. I think it only tells you that you have a crowbar equipped and that the "fire-mode" is called hack. :)

You can try to equip your flashlight as secondary(rightclick your flashlight in your toolbelt and click on remove from toolbelt). Then i think you should be able to drop the crowbar. If that doesnt work you can try switching to your flashlight and then dropping your crowbar.

Or you can just right click the crowbar in your gear menu ;)

You need to right click the crowbar to remove it

Pressing the "drop" button won't work

As weedmasta and inforis said: You have to right click the crowbar to drop it. It has a specific drop functionality, and normal drop does not work.

Starting on the coast is suicide, *you* are better of heading further inland. Find a quiet village and start looting a basic gear.