Alex Heyne

Login/Logout in High Loot Areas

Dear DayZ,

My suggestion is to lock the login/logout in high loot areas like military camps or military bases. There could be a 1-2 km radius around those areas.
I want to block serverhopping, some players farming only those camps on different servers. There will be more action, if you cannot logout or login in one of these areas. For example, you track someone and the person runs into a military camp, it could be more difficult for the player to take loot away out of the camp. You have to go first to a "safe zone".  This could change the gameplay and the loot situation in high loot areas.

Edited by Alex Heyne

But what if you don’t have time to get out? Sometimes I have to log off right away. Maybe you don’t keep the loot you acquired inside the zone, but you should still be able to log off

18 minutes ago, asog88 said:

But what if you don’t have time to get out? Sometimes I have to log off right away. Maybe you don’t keep the loot you acquired inside the zone, but you should still be able to log off

But what if server hopping was now fixed since 1.04 with random server switching respawn location? 😙

I thought the same issue until I read about tracking people into military bases where people will loot and if they feel unsafe or get into a fight will log out. Also people that log off in a base and come back in 2 hours and loot again... but I’d rather then keep as is, but I can understand the issue.

18 hours ago, asog88 said:

I thought the same issue until I read about tracking people into military bases where people will loot and if they feel unsafe or get into a fight will log out. Also people that log off in a base and come back in 2 hours and loot again... but I’d rather then keep as is, but I can understand the issue.

People logging out scared of a gun fight is silly, but can't really be controlled.  What is an acceptable time to make someone wait on server?  15 seconds may not be enough time to catch up and murder your prey, especially if you expect a fortified position after retreat and move in cautiously.  However, is 30 seconds enough time to catch them? Possibly.  And is it too tedious to force everyone to do that?  Probably.