Sign in to follow this  
Peninja

Canabalism

I just hear this on the Rooster Teeth podcast. The Idea was that you could eat people you kill (using the animal eating system), but as a result of eating human flesh, you are given the "Canabal skin". This skin could be coverable by clothes.

Good thing rjmcfarlands opinion isn't the end-all deciding factor in what does or does not go into this game.

Anyway. I've never thought about it but this is actually a good idea. Though I think eating human flesh should have a more negative effect then just a different skin. Maybe if you consume enough you run slower or something. I think if a skin is going to be used then bandit skins should be brought back too. This would create a Cannibal faction, who kill others for sustenance, then your bandits who kill for loot and of course your survivors who don't go out of their way to do either.

All-in-all, the more I think about it, the more I like the idea.

And all the people who are disgusted at the idea. What do you think would happen in a situation like what is portrayed in DayZ. Lack of food and resources and you think some people wouldnt resort to cannibalism? Come on now...

It's stupid to use a skin... in real life if you were to eat a person, your clothes/face/skin wouldn't change. lal.

I think cannibalism not a good idea, but it is the RIGHT idea.

Aim of the game is to survive. 80% of the world are zombies, 65-70% of players are trying to kill you. You was in a battle, was wounded, lost a lot of blood, you can't hunt. Your partner was killed by zombies. Why can't you eat him? If he was alive he would sacrifice his flesh to prevent you from hungry death, so why can't you eat him if he is already dead?

Hell Yes to this survival mechanic.

Make cans very scarce.

Boo to the "eww no thats gross", bugger you when your starving to death with nothing but a player you just killed laying there next to you.

I think this is an IMPORTANT mechanic to put in the game.

No I dont want your beans..... I want your drumstick!!! om nom nom.

Without changing the animal/food mechanics, you would gut the dead player like normal.

and the rest of the food process and requirements would be the same.

However if we can change the animal/food mechanic this is what id do with dead bodies.

You can drink the blood off players that have just died, you can gut the meat off ones that have not already been gutted,

However if you drink the blood or eat the flesh not cooked your head texture changes to one with blood around your mouth like a zed but with the player head skin.

Also you throw up every now and again causing noise and movement pause for about 2-5 mins.

This actually would increase player killing.. so may not be a positive effect on the game.

But an awesome thought.

Another thought would to actually be able to gut a zed and cook their meat... but "infected meat" would cause a 50/50 risk of infection. HUGE risk and downside.

At least spell it right...

Spelling right is boring

Two thumbs up for this idea! I cant wait to eat the heart of my enemy to get his strength. And then fry his balls with onion to get his courage.

Cannibal.png