Sign in to follow this  
fr33py

Hopefully a fix for the hackers will come soon...

FINALLY find a crashed heli and was able to loot a Bizon and an FN Fal to fit in my Alice pack. I end up finding 4 HE Grenades and have plenty of food/water/med supplies. I log out for the night to join up with some friends this evening. Log onto US 126 Roosterteeth server, run to a point between myself and a buddy and just as soon as we meet up and head off to have some fun.... BOOM hacker teleports me above water then suddenly back to the spot I was in only to drop me and break my legs: Insta Death. I'm sitting in the lobby with shock and awe, my buddy claims he survived only to die to round two of the hack attack.

I don't mind losing my shit in the game world to legitimate circumstances of the game play but losing to this kind of shit is so disheartening.

fr33py

Yep, same thing happened to me with a fully decked out character. Sucks but what can ya do...

Well, this morning my teamates & I have seen an hélo & a A10 on our server. Cheaters exists. Hope that will be fixed in the future.

Arma 2 uses a very shitty anti-cheat system, if you've played any normal Arma 2 server you'd know that. I doubt any major changes will be made to combat the hackers, they didn't do it for the base game and they won't do it for the mod.

It's pretty bad. I'm avoiding populated servers like the plague now because the hacking is so completely out of control.

Lets be realistic. People have been hacking Arma since release, before dayz. McDonald's still puts onions on my burger even though I told them not to. FAWK! hahaha hackers will always be present sorry.

You do realize posting topics like this in the forums just tickles their e-peens right?

my lil bro connected in the town right before the NW airfield in the office building seen a bus outside no one around, walked up to it with 8k blood and just fell over dead, no gun shots no arrow no hatchet no silence round nothing :/

Actually Battleye just recently banned alot of GUIDs of people that were hacking. Id say quite alot of script kidies got banned last week.

Unfortuantly people that make there own hacks and that understand the code and whats going on, or people that distribute that code. Its alot harder for battleye to detect especially with a game that is very easily (to an extent) modable like ARMA 2.

Its just the nature of the beast im afraid its not battleyes fault.

Only way to avoid hacks is to play on the 25 person servers.

In the ARMA 2 community the only resolve to script kiddies has been to make servers private, any public servers mostly are infested with hacks & modifications that will make your gaming experience a nightmare.

It won't.

ARMA code is far to insecure, and its a whole new playground of griefing for them. They fucking love it, they are here to stay.

Battleeye is a lame dog as well, and the GUID ban might reduce the number of script kiddies for a week or two, but the dedicated will be back with a new GUID and a desire to grief moar soon enough. Plus the skilled hackers can bypass it.

Simply put, hackers are basically part of Dayz.

It won't.

ARMA code is far to insecure' date=' and its a whole new playground of griefing for them. They fucking love it, they are here to stay.

Battleeye is a lame dog as well, and the GUID ban might reduce the number of script kiddies for a week or two, but the dedicated will be back with a new GUID and a desire to grief moar soon enough. Plus the skilled hackers can bypass it.

Simply put, hackers are basically part of Dayz.

[/quote']

agree 100% the fault lies entirely on ARMA2 engine. IMO they put way too much power in the client. I know the servers are stressed enough but damn guys, this is terrible security!

I honestly doubt that arma3 will fix things or that there is anything the DAYZ community can do to stop this. The only thing I can think of is banning GUID's but even then you can get a new one for under $20.

War by attrition.

Now how do you avoid the hack attacks? Do you alt + F4 as soon as you go flying up in the air? will this save your position way up high? I have heard of people getting out of it if they are quick enough.