No One With That Name

Wolf Spawn inside closed house

Not sure where to post this question.

Today... I ran into a pack of wolves and fired off a shotgun round. This attracted a swarm of zombies.

In the confusion... I was able to get into a house and close all the entry points.

The wolves and zombies are having a hayday with each other... and I eventually exited the game.

Several times laters... I re-entered the game to find the wolves and zombies... still going at it.

On the last re-entry into the game... I wolf spawn inside the closed house.

I was able to get a couple shots off but ultimately died.

I didn't realize wolves could spawn inside a closed house.

Got me thinking... can zombies spawn inside a closed house ?

I don't know if they can spawn inside houses but I regularly shut zombies inside houses, it's how I deal with half the zombies I come across. Sometimes I like to see how many zombies I can shut in one room. Maybe this is what happened with your wolf. Another player may have come along and shut it into the house then left while you were logged out.

You sometimes see zombies on the roofs of buildings so I guess they've spawned there as there's no other way they could get up there.

I've locked more than a few zombies in a house before :)

--- but I've never tried to add more to the pile.

This actually occurred on a private server with 1 Player that I was testing...

With the wolf issue... before I exited the game to eat)

--- I was in the house for a good 10 minutes watching the z's and wolves go after each other...

--- (it was first time I had actually seen a wolf in the game... so I wanted to see what happened).

On a related but different issue...

- a couple days ago, I was standing outside of a house near a doorway

--- I used a hatchet on a z (but did not kill him)

--- I ran into the house and closed the door

--- then I watched the z literally crawl into the house... through the closed door (where I then killed him).

There seems to be a problem with entries points / doors.

Last week I was stuck in a room... even though the door was clearly (visibly) open...

--- I could open / close the door without issue (F Key)

--- I just couldn't exit the room. It's like I walked into an invisible door. A server restart fixed that issue.

Also... I've seen (visually) the lid of a Barrel be "on" (Barrel closed)... and the game was telling me the lid Barrel was open (off)

--- but I couldn't open or closed it. Again - a server restart fixed the issue.

The AI tends to not spawn inside buildings but they can wonder in if the doors are open (Aswell as players locking them inside) Other than that i see you guys are somewhat new here and there has been something of a problem since dayz birth with monsters glitching through doors and walls. However, this issue seems to be alot better these days then it use to be. I have played 50 hrs the past month or so and i havent seen it happen but it still goes on. There use to be a time when no door was safe. Heh. ANYWAY, I made this video after some interesting wolf action I had at Gvozdno. I spawned in and started recording and 2 wolves attacked the house I was at without me triggering them. There is a distant howl but I added that effect in so they must have already been in the area. As you watch on I keep playing and finding alot of action in the town with zombies wolves and a cow.

This wasn't a clipping issue. The wolf was completely inside the house biting me.

I was able to shoot and kill the wolf - but not after taking substantial damage - and passing out.

Then I died.