flerndip

Don't Bother Buying 2nd Copy of Arma 2

Don't Bother Buying 2nd Copy of Arma 2 to play multi-player with 2 or more accounts at the same location. It won't work.

When you attempt to login the second account, the server will kick you off and the other account receives a warning in red text "Illegal copies may degrade."

Well, I find it insulting that you would falsely accuse me of piracy and deny me use of the software I PAID FOR. When you threaten me, I take it as a threat. Don't threaten me. Fix your multi-player game, or refund my money.

• Like 1

The illegal copies may degrade thing is just spam from the server iirc.

AFAIK you can use two copies to have 2 separate characters, but I don't believe you can play them at the same time.

Illegal copies may degrade.

Yup get that message to from time to time, sometimes quite often. Fully legal 1 copy steam version. Not that that message has anything to do with dayz.

I have not been kicked off when the message is displayed though.

Running 2 characters, thats dedication. or something

' pid='249714' dateline='1341451160']

The illegal copies may degrade thing is just spam from the server iirc.

AFAIK you can use two copies to have 2 separate characters' date=' but I don't believe you can play them at the same time.

[/quote']

This man is correct.

I don't want to run two characters, though that should be my prerogative to decide that for myself. Never heard of LAN gaming? Never heard of roommates?

You didn't buy DayZ, so your beef isn't with this site. Even if you own ARMA2:OA, you do not have any legal right to play DayZ, so they can boot you just because of your attitude.

The "illegal copy" thing isn't personal to you. I see it all the time.

Seeing as how I imagine there are college kids or dormies all over the world playing this together, a far more likely issue is that one system is set up wrong, or possibly you have an IP address issue through your connection to the Internet.

You do realize Day-Z is a modification? You do realize that... it's a privilege playing here, not a right. So fuck off.

I have 2 others on the same connection as me and we all play together on the same servers, never had an issue....

As others said the message is just a standard server message, never heard of "GOOGLE" ?

Never heard of investigating before having a tantrum ?

Try turning on or off, basically whatever it is now, change it to the other , UPNP in your router config.

why would you run 2copys of dayz at the same time?????????? makes no sense to me if your letting someone else play biy it on another steam acc

If you want two accounts, you have to make two separate Windows users, and two separate Steam users, and swap between users to access the respective steam account.

As said above, the other player needs his own username for the Operating System and for Steam if you are using a Steam version of the game and sharing the same computer. You will need to install the game for each user only so that the registry will have your CD-Keys entered separately.

The Illegal Copies May Degrade message is generic and sent to everyone. A quick search would easily have told you that and saved you a lot of stress.

If you have further problems with this, please go to the ARMA 2 forum. This is not the Forum for the game you purchased! It is the forum for a user mod. Something that is free and has nothing to do with solving your 2 user problem. You should be asking for technical support for ARMA 2 from Bohemia Interactive employees.

We run 4 pc's from the same IP and we all log in to the same server and play fine.

If you own multiple Steam accounts, you can play multiple players on the same PC. You just have to change the GUID in the Six Updater before playing.