Sign in to follow this  
Airitech

Dreams of S.T.A.L.K.E.R

Been playing Day Z for a few days now and it's fast becoming the game I always hoped S.T.A.L.K.E.R could have been.

I guess that Day Z being rockets baby he is taking the time to nurture it and bring it up right were as the latter was pushed by development times and profits ect.

Thanks for brining us this game!

Stalker took 5+ years to be developed? I don't think it was very profitable either.

Both DayZ and Stalker are great, but one is a mod and the other is a game. Not really a fair comparison even though it feels like DayZ borrows heavily from Stalker in my experience, and it wouldn't surprise me if some ex-Stalker devs are working at BIS now. I guess I see what you are getting at though. That is: Surviving in The Zone

Love STALKER, playing the Priboi Story mod now. Awesome world and awesome game. There are some things from there I wish we had here, but that goes both ways.

There are a few STALKER themed ARMA mods available including one with working Anomalies. Theoretically, with enough scripting experience and the consent of the various content owners (mod makers, GSC, Rocket if DayZ is heavily relied on for game mechanics, etc.), one could create an ARMA stalker multiplayer experience similar to what we have in dayZ.

One of my planned possible projects as I learn scripting is to build a zone-ified Chernarus with anomalies and mutant spawn locations and such.

never played stalker myself but yeah im glad this game has been made.

for YEARS ive read various game forums where fans foamed at the mouth for a game like this...and NO development team took notice. it literally boggles the mind as they crank out loser titles which end up as coasters on ur desk. DayZ is out for a MONTH and sales of ARMA2 get jacked lol i hope rocket and co. earn boatloads of cash from this 'experiment'.