Renun

New player getting murdered

Ok first I wanna say that i really like this game. I wanna really enjoy it but, every time I get far enough to make some progress I get murdered by other players no matter how much I say friendly friendly friendly! So my question is is everyone who plays just a jerk? The enemy is zombies! Oh well I'm sure I'll get flamed and called a noob and that I suck since I'm sure anyone who posts on this thread enjoys killing people who don't mean them any harm.

stop running up to players and saying friendly friendly, are you that naive? people aren't nice, run away or SHOOT FIRST if you see them first rather than giving your position. don't hang around the starting towns, only stay long enough to get a gun and some basic food then head north unless you want to pvp.

Let me guess? you're here from the yogscast video? GTFO kid.

This is what I'm talking about. Excuse me for expecting there might be some decent nice people on this forum. I guess I'm the only one.

stop running up to players and saying friendly friendly' date=' are you that naive? people aren't nice, run away or SHOOT FIRST if you see them first rather than giving your position. don't hang around the starting towns, only stay long enough to get a gun and some basic food then head north unless you want to pvp.

[/quote']

I get chased down while I'm running. nevermind this was a waste of time. Im just gonna ignore this post.

Learn how to sneak around properly, try to keep out of wide open areas as much as possible and keep looking around you by holding ALT to look around.

Cities are full of people, you need to be careful and take as many back routes as you can.

There are loads of better tutorials for this than Yogcast, which isn't a proper representation of the game.

stop running up to players and saying friendly friendly' date=' are you that naive? people aren't nice, run away or SHOOT FIRST if you see them first rather than giving your position. don't hang around the starting towns, only stay long enough to get a gun and some basic food then head north unless you want to pvp.

[/quote']

I get chased down while I'm running. nevermind this was a waste of time. Im just gonna ignore this post.

yeah you're infallible you're doing everything right, which is why other players are seeing you

hint: if someone else sees you, you messed up

Let me guess? you're here from the yogscast video? GTFO kid.

This is what I'm talking about. Excuse me for expecting there might be some decent nice people on this forum. I guess I'm the only one.

you expect people to take you seriously after that post ? Were you beaten as a child ? Stop feeling sorry for yourself and man up a bit :)

If you are wanting to try and make contact, do it from where they cannot see you, get a mic so you chat as it will increase your range to 80 metres instead of 40 via text. Dont run up to people shouting friendly, they will clean your clock. A lot of people will give you a chance unless you are armed to the teeth with an alice pack hanging of your back and an assault rifle in your hands, then you will be shot on sight. Observe a lot more before running into places, see what is going on.

There are heaps of clans and people on here looking for someone to team up with, message them and join up.

enjoy.

Yeah I understand. I got lucky I knew before hand that most people are dicks on the game so it really is best to join a clan, play alone, play with a friends. The biggest benefit to playing alone is your much less likely to be noticed unless you really don't give a crap about your companions. I got lucky and figured out the game really quick about the coast. Best thing to do is just go find a barn loot it and head north. I've survived playing the majority of the past 2 days and I went back to Chernogorsk to try and show people that not everyone is an ass hole. Stumbled across someone and gave him the extra water bottle, and baked beans I had found and went our separate ways.

oh god no the yogcast crew is incoming damn. they ruined minecraft and now they'll ruin this game :(.

as for the friendly bit most people will murder you so the best option is to get some friends to get it to play it with you or try an join up with some people on the forums preferably with a voice communication server.

@OP : You described EVERYONES first experience with DayZ LOL ! It's meant to be brutal , harsh and unforgiving.

You WILL DIE ,you will get GANKED by rape squads , you WILL RAGE , but you will also progress ( eventually) and it WILL FEEL SOOOO GOOD !

And then you will DIE AGAIN and rage even harder :)

Only 2 things certain in life , death and axes.

Also ,next time don't piss in the forumgoers cornflakes though , because as you can see, your attitude towards them acts like a red rag on a bull .

A good portion of the playerbase isn't as horrible as you make it seem , but hey , everyone needs a bandage sometime .

I chopped a friendly up today , he was unarmed .

I did it because I needed his bandage he spawned with. He was being chased by zombies and ran towards me , I apologised on the mic , told him I need his bandage and got it over with + got the hell away from the Z's ).

I suggest finding a good group to play with ... It's something i'm looking for too atm .

@The people that tore this guy a new one : Keep that for in Cherno .

Ok first I wanna say that i really like this game. I wanna really enjoy it but' date=' every time I get far enough to make some progress I get murdered by other players no matter how much I say friendly friendly friendly! So my question is is everyone who plays just a jerk? The enemy is zombies! Oh well I'm sure I'll get flamed and called a noob and that I suck since I'm sure anyone who posts on this thread enjoys killing people who don't mean them any harm.

[/quote']

Renun- I can relate to what you have been going through. My roommate and I play it together and we love the game as well. We have both died a few times at the hands of players. Just last night, my roommate was "executed" after being lured in by what appeared to by a group of friendly players. They saw him in game and informed him that they were friendly and insisted upon them being so. However, they ended up holding him up by gunpoint and demanded he drop all items and they wouldnt kill him. They took his stuff and still executed him as he departed. So while saying friendly can be attempt to let people know you are, it can also be tactic to trick people. I agree that people act shady and screw you over, but I guess we have to accept this is nature of a real life situation of this nature. However, I guess all you "dick" players out ther dont get that the game is meant to be cooperative with firendly fire on.

But, Renun my roommate and will not kill you or screw you over. So if you let us know what server you are in then we can join up and all survive together as a group.

But' date=' Renun my roommate and will not kill you or screw you over. So if you let us know what server you are in then we can join up and all survive together as a group.

[/quote']

Username + post. Made me laugh :)

@OP : You described EVERYONES first experience with DayZ LOL ! It's meant to be brutal ' date=' harsh and unforgiving.

You WILL DIE ,you will get GANKED by rape squads , you WILL RAGE , but you will also progress ( eventually) and it WILL FEEL SOOOO GOOD !

And then you will DIE AGAIN and rage even harder :)

Only 2 things certain in life , death and axes.

Also ,next time don't piss in the forumgoers cornflakes though , because as you can see, your attitude towards them acts like a red rag on a bull .

A good portion of the playerbase isn't as horrible as you make it seem , but hey , everyone needs a bandage sometime .

I chopped a friendly up today , he was unarmed .

I did it because I needed his bandage he spawned with. He was being chased by zombies and ran towards me , I apologised on the mic , told him I need his bandage and got it over with + got the hell away from the Z's ).

I suggest finding a good group to play with ... It's something i'm looking for too atm .

@The people that tore this guy a new one : Keep that for in Cherno .

[/quote']

Who cares if he angers the people in the forum. The only ones that would get angry would be those who do the shady things that he is annoyed by. Those players will always be like that, so I play defensive and trust no one but so much. Though I never assume people are hostile and kill them. I will avoid them entirely before killing another player. That protects me from the shady players and keeps me from killing friendly players by mistake.

Though it sounds like you behave shady yourself. Instead of killing player and stealing the bandage off his corpse, you could have simply both gotten safely away from zombies and then have asked player for it. Making an ally an trading seems the better and less nasty way of playing.

But' date=' Renun my roommate and will not kill you or screw you over. So if you let us know what server you are in then we can join up and all survive together as a group.

[/quote']

Username + post. Made me laugh :)

Whats funny about it.

I still try to talk to people, but most of the time if i start talking to them and they dont see me, they just run away. and even if they talk to you, they still might shoot you when you turn around..

best way to make friends is meet them when they still got no weapon:P or even better find some one to play with, in RL or on this forum.

Caution.

That is what you need to exercise. I'm not claiming to be a a pro, actually I'm a new player. But from my experiences, just leave players alone. I've noticed players about, that haven't seen me, and have just kept an eye on them and as soon as they pass, I start moving again.

There are friendlies, I'm sure, but there is the worry of you killing them. People say friendly, and then shot you in the back some times. You have to get into the mindset that this isn't a co-op game, it's a survival game. Sure, joining up increases survival, but some times staying a lone and shooting a player that MAY be your downfall will keep you surviving longer.

Just don't draw attention to yourself. Don't linger anywhere. Sneak, get your stuff and then get out of there as fast as you can. If your gunfire is attracting people, then you need to train your trigger finger to only shoot when you need to and avoid shooting.

Dude, think about this for a second.

YOU don't want to be killed.

Nor does the guy you are running up to yelling friendly. How the hell does he know he can trust you?

I have had a couple of friendly encounters with survivors but fuck me if it wasnt tense as shit! Everyone watching everyone, fingers on triggers ready for that moment that a single bullet gets fired.

It is not as simple as running at someone yelling "friendly".

Well me butchering that guy was a panic reaction + I needed that bandage as I had almost died right before that ...So I was hiding in a big industrial hangar and IN HE COMES, WITH THE GRACE OF A GAS STOVE , PULLING 5+ zombies behind him .TO MY DIRECTION!!! Bad move right there.

I only had an axe and some basic food / drink. He didn't.

He was already bleeding too.

He needed that bandage but had no chance to survive that situation whatsoever without a weapon.

I did have a good shot at it , but not with him around attracting zombies / bleeding all over my new shoes.

(+ I knew I would need his bandage after I cleared the hangar of his zombie friends.)

I guess what I'm trying to say is , it's not always black and white in DayZ.

Sometimes you will get brutally killed so another player can survive.Or they perceive you as a threat to their own life.

I'm starting to see why rocket calls this an experiment.

I'ld say, learn to sneak. If you see another player and you don't have a weapon or he is too far off, avoid him. Try to avoid contact. If necessary, use direct chat to talk to him, but never drop your guard. Alot of players are dicks, but there are others that don't shoot on sight too. As a medic, I don't take a weapon with me, only an axe which I use to defend myself against zombies. Not having a weapon saved my life alot especially on the coast line. If you don't pose a threat to other players you will often not get shot as they won't bother.

I always kill people I see, and it is not because I am a jerk. To put it simply, I want their stuff. I want their food, water, ammo, alice pack, what ever. Also killing other people is in my best interest. Makes the world safer for my self, and less competition of resources.

I have been playing 3 days and same expierience. Most of the players are assholes but from other side i do not agree this game is meant to played co-op ONLY and ONLY enemy is Zombie. Zombies are add-on,the cherry on the cake is this people interaction never seen before in any other game. This is up to you if you talk to someone, shoot him, co-op, avoid or...or...or. Depite dieing all the time i know that one day i will have a lot of items and decision - risk or not to risk, shoot or not to shoot but still killing unarmed player in 90% without reason.you need to be MEGA asshole.MEGA.

I understand panic and I understand that things will happen and you cannot help it. However, I know reason you needed to kill the player. As you said, he had no weapon so was no threat to you. How could you possibly know he still had the bandage and not have used it yet? Dont assume others wont survive. I have been in process of bleeding out and was running from a zombie horde. I was able to ditch all of them, bandage myself, and continued to survive until much later when a player shot me and killed me. You said player couldnt have survived without a weapon but I say it is possible. And you had a weapon so why didnt you help person instead?

I always kill people I see' date=' and it is not because I am a jerk. To put it simply, I want their stuff. I want their food, water, ammo, alice pack, what ever. Also killing other people is in my best interest. Makes the world safer for my self, and less competition of resources.

[/quote']

this kind of mindset creates a less safe place for everyone in DayZ. I hope you get shot yourself quite alot by other players that want your gear, so you know how it feels to lose a character after all the hard work obtaining the stuff you cary. Which makes me realise that you probably don't know the time and effort needed to gather gear, as you snatch it from dead players. Imho, you are missing out on a very fun part of the game by doing this.

Well simple , I didn't know at all ,but it wasn't a good time to risk anything .

And I shouted at him in voice ,but not replying severely cut his survival chances (by say,... 100%)

I always kill people I see' date=' and it is not because I am a jerk. To put it simply, I want their stuff. I want their food, water, ammo, alice pack, what ever. Also killing other people is in my best interest. Makes the world safer for my self, and less competition of resources.

[/quote']

Your contradicitng yourself. So what is your definition of "jerk" or "shady" or whatever you want to call it? So you dont think killing people to loot their corpses and to prevent competition for resources isnt being a jerk? So what would.someone have to do to be given that label? You will never get rid of "competition" because people will continue to join server to replace ones you have killed.

If you have a small.group then have better chances to survive. More people=more backpacks =more shared resources that can be carried. You can have more people with more variety of weapons which leads to a stragedy to surviving and each helping out.

[/quote']

this kind of mindset creates a less safe place for everyone in DayZ. I hope you get shot yourself quite alot by other players that want your gear, so you know how it feels to lose a character after all the hard work obtaining the stuff you cary. Which makes me realise that you probably don't know the time and effort needed to gather gear, as you snatch it from dead players. Imho, you are missing out on a very fun part of the game by doing this.

Thank you for your comments. I completed agree with you.

rattus- And why do you assume he has a mic to reply to you?