DrZeddy

-cpuCount parameter

If you have a dedicated server, which you run solely to serve the game,

how many cpu cores should you give to the server?. 

On my server I have 8 cores (AMD FX8370) 

So how many cores should I allow dayz SA to use? 

Keeping in mind that some cores will be need to run the background services, 

such as networking (Ethernet driver, Sound card, and other services which are required to run by the OS. 

Thanks 

Rather than using that switch, start the server with an affinity mask in your batch file and let DayZ use all but the first core (Core 0).

You calculate affinity using the values assigned to each core then converting it to hexadecimal.  Core 0 is 1, Core 1 is 2, Core 2 is 4, Core 3 is 8 and so on.  To run DayZ on 7 cores without using Core 0, that would be 2+4+8+16+32+64+128 which totals 254 -- convert that to hex and in your batch file, you would start with:

start "" /affinity 0xFE "C:\Steam\steamapps\common\DayZServer\DayZServer_x64.exe"

followed by the rest of your normal parameters like -port and so on.

• Beans 1

On 1/10/2019 at 9:56 PM, drgullen said:

Rather than using that switch, start the server with an affinity mask in your batch file and let DayZ use all but the first core (Core 0).

You calculate affinity using the values assigned to each core then converting it to hexadecimal.  Core 0 is 1, Core 1 is 2, Core 2 is 4, Core 3 is 8 and so on.  To run DayZ on 7 cores without using Core 0, that would be 2+4+8+16+32+64+128 which totals 254 -- convert that to hex and in your batch file, you would start with:

start "" /affinity 0xFE "C:\Steam\steamapps\common\DayZServer\DayZServer_x64.exe"

followed by the rest of your normal parameters like -port and so on.

hi i have 8 core cpu with 2.27Ghz but dayz server just use 1..3 core and dayz server have low performance and fps

how can fiix it bro