Sign in to follow this  
SpookTR

All players base on my server are being deleted.

Hi all i have a big problem.

All players' base on my server are being deleted. Every day 1 base is completely deleted with everything (all wall, tent, barrel..) what is the reason of this ?

Persistence is broken.  The core game loop is broken.  Every server is affected by this including official servers.  BI says they know about the issue, and at some point will address it.  Probably after all the players have left, but it will be addressed.  Meanwhile, it is advisable to at least backup the persistence files on your server. several times a day, or more if you can do it.

disappearing stuff is really a big letdown, and i think, they should prioritize this above everything, especially since it was their "release blocking feature"

i feel it myself, that if you cannot even trust a tent / base to stay, investing time into more than pvp is kinda useless.

Our server doesn't suffer this problem as we have some very clever persistence tracking and recovery systems working in the background. We're stable since 1.0 and we have ENORMOUS bases, including a whole new town. Nothing being lost. 

Edit: Took out the website address to our server. Sorry, didn't read your post correctly and you're a server owner yourself, so don't want to steal players from you

Edited by robotstar
Took out the website address to our server. Sorry, didn't read your post correctly and you're a server owner yourself, so don't want to steal players from you

13 hours ago, robotstar said:

Our server doesn't suffer this problem as we have some very clever persistence tracking and recovery systems working in the background. We're stable since 1.0 and we have ENORMOUS bases, including a whole new town. Nothing being lost. 

Edit: Took out the website address to our server. Sorry, didn't read your post correctly and you're a server owner yourself, so don't want to steal players from you

same we have backup and recovery for persistence corruption

BI has tracked the problem down to servers not shutting down correctly. See this post:

If your server doesn't shut down properly or if it crashes, you may lose persistent items.

Server can crash while building walls and pickup logs...
Only chance is to have backups.

Write small backup batch to make a backup every 3 minute, there you go! :)