Sign in to follow this  
mikejaus

Road Lag - Terrain builder

Hey guys, everything is going smoothly with my terrain builder and map making and i am able to export and test it. But the only issue is that buldozer lags a ton when placing / moving roads.

If anyone has had this problem and solved please post below.

Cheers

No just through objects, i was told that any road scripts do not work currently for dayz map development. 

2 hours ago, mikejaus said:

No just through objects, i was told that any road scripts do not work currently for dayz map development. 

Hm ok, in this case I don't know, since I don't place roads as single objects. Instead I use the official RoadTool from TerrainEditors Main Menu (it does work on my machine - and it makes road placing much much faster and easier).

Just and idea to give it a try: Maybe it helps to move your roads to a sep. "Roads" Layer?!

Edited by grillstern666

Is there a tutorial on how to use this tool? would be extremely helpful.

Cheers

First I configured my Road params and Objects by selecting all Endings, curves and straight parts objects from my P:\DZ\...\Roads Folder into the RoadConfigurator/Setup.
To see which road object file is what kind of type (straight, corner or ending), I put all objects ingame and wrote down the filename to sort in the corresponding category.
After setup your Road you can just click in TerrainBuilder on the "Add Road" Icon and so you can add the corresponding parts to your map to "draw" your road.
(-> You don't have to setup your Road within a "road" config file like in Arma anymore - this wont work.)
If you draw Roads like that, you can even use the "Select all items along road" or "Draw items along road" from the menu.
This will help you to draw a road through a wood and then select "all items along road" to remove all trees on it - instead of manually remove them by hand.

Edited by grillstern666
  • Like 1

You are a king, even though i just finished the main island of my map doing it manually this will help alot in the future.

On 12/21/2018 at 7:45 PM, grillstern666 said:

First I configured my Road params and Objects by selecting all Endings, curves and straight parts objects from my P:\DZ\...\Roads Folder into the RoadConfigurator/Setup.
To see which road object file is what kind of type (straight, corner or ending), I put all objects ingame and wrote down the filename to sort in the corresponding category.
After setup your Road you can just click in TerrainBuilder on the "Add Road" Icon and so you can add the corresponding parts to your map to "draw" your road.
(-> You don't have to setup your Road within a "road" config file like in Arma anymore - this wont work.)
If you draw Roads like that, you can even use the "Select all items along road" or "Draw items along road" from the menu.
This will help you to draw a road through a wood and then select "all items along road" to remove all trees on it - instead of manually remove them by hand.

I have configured the roads and corners and all that, but the add roads button is still greyed out? would i have to fill out the crossroads section as well? because im not sure what i would put there