Yeah so lets totally just get rid of NVGs because everyone but me has them.

*sarcasm off*

Your suggestion will be inputed in the suggestion box and will be reviewed within the next 4 years. We appreciate your patience.

NVG's just offer too large of an advantage. They have no drawbacks and offer a straight-up handicap to anyone not using them.

No drawbacks?

- Can't be used with a scoped weapon

- Tunnel vision due to narrow monocular field of view

- Absolutely useless the second someone throws a flare

- Turning everything into shades of green can actually make it harder to spot other players in some instances

I had NVGs once for a period of several hours. I used them for a total of less than two minutes' date=' to check a particularly black section of forest before moving into it. They are next to worthless if the moon is out. The only time I would say they are unbalanced is when it is pitch black, which is hardly all the time, and to that I would say that [b']this is not supposed to be a balanced game. NVGs are an exceedingly rare item and the people who have them either looted them from somewhere very dangerous or killed a well-equipped player and took them from the body. In either case, you have to be both very lucky and very careful to get your hands on them.

While we're at it, why don't we all complain that military rifles be removed? Or hell, just remove every weapon that isn't the Makarov? They offer a massive advantage, are much easier to get, much more commonly encountered and not everyone has them.

This is ridiculous.

Autonomous, that comparison is nothing when you compare it to using NVG's in heavy rain at night time (pitch black), one without the NVGs sees absolutely nothing, even playing around with the brightness/contrast helps nothing, but the NVG guy sees everything bright as a day.

I rather like the idea of having to possess a battery for the NVG in order to use it. It would increase the potential for trade, cause those who have a set, to use it only when needed. And when the battery life runs down, which could be at random, it could place the user in a life or death situation.

Batteries for nvgs would be cool, provided they stuck with realistic timescales... (the game runs 1:1 time, so should anything in it)... for instance the pvs-7's modeled in the game will last well over 40 hours on 2 AA batteries.. and have a 5 hour low battery warning light visible looking through the optic..

if its going to be implemented to make things more realistic, its gotta be done right..

Batteries for nvgs would be cool' date=' provided they stuck with realistic timescales... (the game runs 1:1 time, so should anything in it)... for instance the pvs-7's modeled in the game will last well over 40 hours on 2 AA batteries.. and have a 5 hour low battery warning light visible looking through the optic..

if its going to be implemented to make things more realistic, its gotta be done right..

[/quote']

As posted in another thread....

DSCF0995.jpg

DSCF0996.jpg

"I like previous suggestions of NVG with a limited battery life"

I approve of this idea.

I would like to see nvgs removed till it's impossible to dupe them.

As it is now, they give a huge advatange to cheaters. Maybe bring them back when duping and the night is fixed so that you could actually see atleast your own freaking hands and maybe couple of meters longer, but still couldnt fuck around with the gamma & brightness.

I suggested in my post about powerplants and what not that it should have a limited power souse, and could be charged via power source e.g. Power plant, substation, town gen, portable gen.

I understand the "the games not suppose to be ballance" argument.

But if that was true Why the fuck can't i build a SU25?

truth is the NVG are overkill as they are right now, they need to be "dumb" down a little.

At least take a disatvantage to yourself. I was killed at night before, probably by a sniper with NVG, but good for them. They found it, great luck. I don't /kry.

Definitly not, they are rare, but they should be as rare as 0.1% chance of finding. It should be an exclusive item only the lucky ones gets. End of stroy.

Definitly not' date=' they are rare, but they should be as rare as 0.1% chance of finding. It should be an exclusive item only the lucky ones gets. End of stroy.

[/quote']

Currently the chance is 0.11% btw.

NVGs should be removed. But I feel DayZ won't be based around actual survival unless the power level of weaponry and items is dumbed down, making the hunt for leet gear less important.

Don't remove NVGs, they are already hard as shit to obtain anyways.

65hrs + and I haven't found one yet. Just checked out how good they area

vith DMR goddamn...

NVG's are alright because of their rarity but the battery life thing seems ok was that a different thread?