Sign in to follow this  
captain scarlet

"You are V1.3.3" issue after connecting to server

Hi,

I've been having an issue for the last couple of days where - even after removing all the files in @dayz/addons, and redownloading them/extracting them there, from several sources - after joining a server, I go through all the 'loading', 'recieving', etc, until I spawn on that hillside - with a slightly messed up HUD - before the message:

"You are running an incorrect version of Dayz_code (you are v1.3.3, and the server is vsurvivor1_DZ)"

Appears (more or less as I put above).

As I say, I've completely redownloaded/installed the mod several times, and I have the file structure correct. So I've no idea what's happening :(

I saw someone else with this issue in an earlier thread, who said it went away when he updated to V1.4.7 - no luck for me, though, and that's obviously an old version.

I've played before (I can't remember the last workable version, sorry) so I know my system is capable.

Am I missing anything?

Thanks in advance for any response!

Scarlet

NB:

Current version: v1.4.23

Several different servers, in different geographic locations

Have you possibly created a folder in both OA and Arma 2? I did this and was having the same problem.

Somehow it is grabbing that old code, so the game probably is looking in a different folder than the one you updated.

Not as far as I can tell - although I'm not sure if my installation is standard, since I've apparently got Arma 2 and OA installed in the same directory.

It not reading the one I updated is what I thought might be happening, although given the above I'm not sure where - I might just try deleting the stuff in the DayZ addons folder that I've updated, just to see if it is loading from somewhere else :p

Thanks for the help anyway :)

Just to update, having just reinstalled Arma 2, after uninstalling/deleted all related files that I could find, etc, and then redownloading the mod and installing that correctly, I still have the same problem.

Also, before I did that, I removed the mod folder and started the game, it still had the option for @DayZ in the extensions menu. And I don't know if other people get it, but in that extensions menu I have two options; "@dayz", and seperately "DayZ". I'm not sure if that's indicative of a problem.

Thanks again in advance if anyone has any ideas about what my problem might be.

Thanks,

Scarlet