Sign in to follow this  
john garcia

Walking and status (health?) icon

Two questions.

I see now that we can walk. So now I'm wondering does it use up less energy to walk as opposed to jogging? Will it make my hunger and hydration last longer? I know it would be a real bitch to try and walk any decent distance for the time it would take but if I'm a fresh spawn will it help to endure a little longer while finding that initial can of food or water source? And does it help with avoiding detection from zombies? I wonder....

Second, I was desperate after a new spawn and was going into red so I drank from a stream. Short bit later I noticed an icon on the left of of status that I'd never seen before. Looked like a head/face. Took a good long while before it went away. Not sure what I did to help it, I did make sure to not drink from streams/ponds after that. Any info on this would be appreciated. 

• Like 1

I jog, dont run. You get a bacterial disease when drinking untreated water. Boil stream or pond water in a pot before drinking or only use cans. 

Only run if A. You have plenty of water or B. Someone tryna give you free samples of breathing holes, oh and don't Jump over walk around able objects, I've found plenty of players due to the heavy breathing from running and the jumping sounds