Sign in to follow this  
Konfucious K

It's good to be back...

I imagine a lot of us took a long hiatus (myself included) in the last couple of years - maybe sporadically updated and logged in just out of curiousity - but it's nice to finally see our faith in BI starting to pay off and enthusiasm growing, even in the press!! At the end of it all, 5 years for what they developed is a more than fair amount of time so well done to the development team, warts and all. Now I can't wait to see what the modders will come up with over the next year or two. Anyone want to give me odds that Adult oriented material will be among the first additions? I'll take that bet, anyway!

Good times ahead Survivors! And boy does "survivors" mean a whole lot more after how much we've gone through with this game. And even though I know there is still plenty to go, all good things come to those who wait and I'm seeing the signs of those good things appearing on the horizon.

Just thought my can of beans no one asked for. :)

• Beans 1

Good to see some enthusiasm but have you seen how BI is operating this game now ? It’s like paying an Indian customer support operator to do a heart surgery on your favorite celebrity - you know that this celeb is about to die and you’re wishing for a miracle so that it doesn’t happen . 

Full release is in two days and this is a list of things that will be a nail in the coffin for dayz if they don’t get it fixed or added or at least talk about these subjects within the next two weeks (two weeks with a bad game after launch and it is doomed for good):

1)night time is broken - it’s pitch black and only super fans will defend this broken element 

2)keybindings still broken - you cant change them to your own likings anymore 

3)persistence broken on mostly all official servers - this causes everyone to quit after experiencing their first base wipe 

4)predators are hardly in the game anymore - and where the hell are the bears that were showcased 3 years ago ? 

5)Barricading is not in - no sign of it at all and I’m guessing they “pushed it back” again 

6)aerial vehicles like helicopters - not in yet , no sign of when they will be 

7)bikes / motorcycles - despite being showcased 2 years ago on trello , no news about when or if we are still getting this

8)advanced soft skills (or basic soft skills for that matter) - we don’t have any form of working soft skills , the bar is visible but no progrsss can be made . Whatever happened to advanced soft skills like becoming a medic , a pilot , a mechanic ? Did we just forget about those crucial mechanics that were supposed to make up 1.0? 

9)Zombie hordes - ya I’m sure we all remember asking for these on the daily years ago , but now that the devs have legitimately broken us like some wild animal , we have no desire to ask about this to get scolded again with “ITS IN DEVELOPMENT” or “when it’s READY” . Seriously though , where the FUCK are the hordes ? And why can’t zombies jump fences anymore?  

Overall its one step forward three steps back with this game at this point . Star Citizen is getting things done faster than this game and we all know that that game has 100X more scope than this one . Please don’t ruin your game dayz devs , you’re already in position to do that but don’t pull that  trigger just work hard and stop setting up bs deadlines that you can NEVER MEET.

Edited by blackberrygoo
  • Thanks 1

I didn't actually realise virtually any of that (night time is hard to miss :P), I was just coming back with the enthusiasm of the hype and had not actually played it in over two years so a lot had changed for me making it seem that IT was actually happening.

2) that sucks

3) I have not tried building a base because I'm also playing survivor solo in the woods somewhere so a basic tent setup is generally more than sufficient.

4) The lack of animals is something I put down to tweaking-in-progress.

5) See #3 above.

6) I see crashed ones eveywhere, what's your problem?! Just kidding, yeah that was one biggie I have a gripe with considering how long ago we were shown the alpha helicopter footage.

7) Same as 6 above. But I was hoping to actually find one, didn't realise they weren't implemented yet. That is a bit disappointing, even just a pedal bike especially now that energy and nutritional levels are more important now.

8) I've only clocked about 40 hours on this new version so can't really comment on soft skills. My beard is coming along nicely though. :)

9) Yup, 100% with you here. Hordes could really make or break the "house-of-cards of promises. It's literally the number 1 prerequisite of any zombie/infected game.