rink

Driving bug corrupted character file on server can no longer play

I was driving very fast and slid sideways into a house when my screen turned black, my speedometer went from reading my speed to a string of letters and parenthesis and my speakers made a single popping noise, the kind you hear when you touch the end of a line in cable plugged into a speaker system. My HUD is still visible, I can see my hotbar as well as my status bar but I cannot open my inventory or use any items on my status bar. My hunger and thirst have a single downward pointing chevron. I have tried reinstalling the game, deleting my player profile, deleting all files associated with this DayZ install, but nothing works. I can play on any other server without issue, but I want to play on THIS specific server, as my friend is running it and all the rest of my friends are currently playing on it and will be for the foreseeable future. Is there any way I can fix this from my end, having no permissions to server or admin rights? Is there anything my friend, who owns and is hosting the server and has admin rights can do to fix it? Any help is appreciated, we've been trying to come up with a solution to this for the past three days to no avail. Thanks!

Edit: If I exit the game and try to log into the server again, I get the 15 second spawn timer countdown and as soon as it finishes my speakers make the popping noise again and I'm greeted with the same black (sometimes gray) screen and my hud. I can't do anything, no prone/crouch, can't equip anything on my hotbar, and I cannot suicide. My friends scouted the road I crashed on and they couldn't even find the car, which should have remained where I crashed. Or possibly it's orbiting mars, with the Tesla roadster.

Edited by rink
added more possibly helpful information

Get your friend to delete you from the player list in the database. Should fix your issue and you'll be able to respawn as a new player.

Could you give me instructions on how to do that that I can share with him? He has years of experience hosting arma3 servers but can't seem to figure out DayZ. I've been leaving my character logged into his server hoping to die of hunger/thirst but I'm beginning to have doubts as to whether hunger/thirst are even decreasing. I left the game on overnight and when I checked on it this morning I had been kicked for a server restart, who knows how long after I went to sleep.