Finest_

ServerTime Settings not working anymore!

Hey there Survivors!

any other Server Hoster with the same problem ?

our serverTime Options are not working anymore its allways night at start of the server!

serverTime = "2012/6/7/8/1";
serverTimeAcceleration = 0;
serverTimePersistent = 1;

Its since the latest update

also found this on steam!

https://steamcommunity.com/app/221100/discussions/0/1744478429678431981/ 

Edited by Finest_
Addet Steam Link

Got same issue, found no informations anywhere, even sent a ticket to my host to see if they have any information about it

you need to set it in the correct format like so                   2018/06/07/08/01   works for me

I got it work with

serverTime="2018/07/01/07/45";

With my older server time from 2015/.... it didn't. Maybe try to update your time value.

serverTime="2015/6/15/06/20";

not working.

so I did accelerate time to get day time, then lowered acceleration VERY strongly, so it's basically same time every minute of gameplay. Until this issue is solved.

1 hour ago, marcheur said:

serverTime="2015/6/15/06/20";

not working.

so I did accelerate time to get day time, then lowered acceleration VERY strongly, so it's basically same time every minute of gameplay. Until this issue is solved.

how did you do that can you please share

Having the same issue.

Have tried all sorts of options to sort the time.  Would love a solution.  The serverTimePersistent variable doesnt seem to work anymore, not sure about acceletrated time

10 hours ago, Rife 47 said:

1. Open Mpmissions - dayzOffline.chernarusplus - init.c
2. At the beginning of the file add:

#include "$CurrentDir:\\mpmissions\\dayzOffline.chernarusplus\\Correct_InGame_time.c"

And after the line

weather.SetWindFunctionParams(0, 0, 0);

adding:

GetGame().GetCallQueue(CALL_CATEGORY_GAMEPLAY).CallLater(Correct_InGame_time, 1000, true);

3. Create a file manually with the name " Correct_InGame_time. c" and fill it with the following text:

static void Correct_InGame_time()
{
	private int year, month, day, hour, minute;
	GetGame().GetWorld().GetDate( year, month, day, hour, minute );

if ((hour < 7) || (hour >= 20))
	{
		if (hour < 7)
		{
			GetGame().GetWorld().SetDate(year, month, day, 7, 3);
		}
		if (hour >= 20)
		{
			GetGame().GetWorld().SetDate(year, month, (day + 1), 7, 3);
		}
	}
}

4. Set up the file as we need As we can see, from 7 am to 8 pm in-game time

thanks to 123new

Seems to be working. Thanks!

Edited by EinfachRobin_
  • Like 1

This works fine for me:

serverTime="2018/7/27/06/00";    
serverTimeAcceleration=6;
serverTimePersistent=0;

Server starts at 6am. Four hours later, when it restarts, I've gone through a full 24 hour period.

On 11/23/2018 at 11:10 AM, Rife 47 said:

1. Open Mpmissions - dayzOffline.chernarusplus - init.c
2. At the beginning of the file add:

#include "$CurrentDir:\\mpmissions\\dayzOffline.chernarusplus\\Correct_InGame_time.c"

And after the line

weather.SetWindFunctionParams(0, 0, 0);

adding:

GetGame().GetCallQueue(CALL_CATEGORY_GAMEPLAY).CallLater(Correct_InGame_time, 1000, true);

3. Create a file manually with the name " Correct_InGame_time. c" and fill it with the following text:

static void Correct_InGame_time()
{
	private int year, month, day, hour, minute;
	GetGame().GetWorld().GetDate( year, month, day, hour, minute );

if ((hour < 7) || (hour >= 20))
	{
		if (hour < 7)
		{
			GetGame().GetWorld().SetDate(year, month, day, 7, 3);
		}
		if (hour >= 20)
		{
			GetGame().GetWorld().SetDate(year, month, (day + 1), 7, 3);
		}
	}
}

4. Set up the file as we need As we can see, from 7 am to 8 pm in-game time

thanks to 123new

It looks like it changed the time in-game, but which file do we edit to set the actual time? Or is there a way to make it so it's just always daytime?

that little script exactly does that : to skip night. When it's 8PM, server sets itself to next day at 7AM, so its always day time

so do we need to remove the time bits  from serverdz  and enable the script beacuase if we run the script and the code below at the same time nothing will happen

serverTime="2018/7/7/8/00";      
serverTimeAcceleration=0;       
serverTimePersistent=0;      

6 hours ago, mrwolv said:

so do we need to remove the time bits  from serverdz  and enable the script beacuase if we run the script and the code below at the same time nothing will happen

serverTime="2018/7/7/8/00";      
serverTimeAcceleration=0;       
serverTimePersistent=0;      

/*
Starter serverDZ.cfg config file made by TheGamingChief
Comments can be added by adding a "//" in front of a line.
*/

// GLOBAL SETTINGS
hostname = "UK High Zoombies, High Loot";                 // Server Name
password = "";                               // Password for connection to the server
passwordAdmin = "****";           // Password to become server admin  
logFile = "server_console.log";                 // Tells DayZ server where the log file should go and what it should be named
maxPing= 650;                                   // Max ping value until server kick the user (value in milliseconds)
timeStampFormat = "Full";                       // Format for timestamps in the .rpt file (value Full/Short)
logAverageFps = 60;                             // Logs the average server FPS (value in seconds), needs to have -dologs launch parameter active
logMemory = 60;                                 // Logs the server memory usage (value in seconds), needs to have the -dologs launch parameter active
logPlayers = 60;                                // Logs the count of currently connected players (value in seconds), needs to have the -dologs launch parameter active

/*
WELCOME MESSAGE ("Welcome this is your world make it your own")
// It can be several lines, separated by comma
// Empty messages "" will not be displayed at all but are only for increasing the interval
*/
motd[] = {
     "Welcome this is your world make it your own",
     "",
     ""
};
motdInterval = 30;  

// JOINING RULES
maxPlayers = 100;                                // Maximum amount of players
loginQueueConcurrentPlayers=5;                  // Number of players concurrently processed during login process. Should prevent massive performance drop during connection when a lot of people are connecting in the same time.  
loginQueueMaxPlayers=500;                       // Maximum number of players that can wait in login queue
verifySignatures = 2;                           // Verifies .pbos against .bisign files. (use only 2)
forceSameBuild = 1;                             // Server will allow connection only to clients with same exe revision as server when active (value 0-1)

// OTHER IMPORTANT SETTINGS
disableVoN = 0;                                 // Enable/disable voice over network (value 0-1)
vonCodecQuality = 25;                           // Voice over network codec quality (values 0-30)

enableDebugMonitor = 0;                         // Shows info about the character using a debug window in a corner of the screen (value 0-1)

respawnTime = 5;                                // Sets the respawn delay (in seconds) before the player is able to get a new character on the server, when the previous one is dead

disable3rdPerson=0;                             // Turn on/off 3rd person view for players on the particular server instance (value 0-1)
disableCrosshair=0;                             // Turn on/off cross-hair on the particular server instance (value 0-1)

serverTime="2018/6/12/06/00";                        // Server Start Time, initial ingame time of server. "SystemTime" means local time of machine. Another possibility is to set the time to some value in "YYYY/MM/DD/HH/MM" format, f.e. "2015/4/8/17/23" .
serverTimeAcceleration=0;                       // Accelerated Time (value 0-24), this is a time multiplier for in-game time. In this case time would move 24 times faster than normal, an entire day would pass in one hour.
serverTimePersistent=0;                         // Persistent Time (value 0-1), actual server time is saved to storage, so when active, next server start will use saved time value.

guaranteedUpdates=1;                            // Communication protocol used with game server (use only number 1)

instanceId = 1;                                 // DayZ server instance id to identify number of instances per box and their storage folders with persistence files
lootHistory = 1;                                // How many persistence history files should been kept by instance, number is looped over during save
storeHouseStateDisabled = false;                // Disable houses/doors persistence (value true/false), usable in case of problems with persistence
storageAutoFix = 1;                             // Checks if persistence files are corrupted and replaces corrupted ones with empty ones (value 0-1)

// MISSIONS CYCLE
class Missions
{
    class DayZ
    {
        template="DayZSurvival.chernarusplus";   // First part is mission name, second part is used map
    };
};

Edited by Atnas666
password removal

dosent work for me time wont change with the script from 123 how can i set my server time to always day in the files

I'm still at night most of the time on my server, I have it set to 12 hour reboots and the server.cfg file looks like this:-

maxPlayers = 20;
verifySignatures = 2;
forceSameBuild = 1;
disableVoN = 0;
vonCodecQuality = 7;
disable3rdPerson = 0;
disableCrosshair = 0;
serverTime = "2018/6/12/06/00";
serverTimeAcceleration = 0;
serverTimePersistent = 0;
guaranteedUpdates = 1;
loginQueueConcurrentPlayers = 5;
loginQueueMaxPlayers = 500;
instanceId = 1;
lootHistory = 1;

Just about everytime I login it's night. 

same here i really dont know how they broke dayz this time so many things broken   mine reboots every 6 hours but still night time when i login

Edited by mrwolv

It seems like persistence is on for time even though I have it disabled. I cleared persistence and my server time was correct at first reboot then it seems to just keep going after restarts.

It'll be fixed in the next day or two hopefully.

1 minute ago, zsneerfulz said:

It seems like persistence is on for time even though I have it disabled. I cleared persistence and my server time was correct at first reboot then it seems to just keep going after restarts.

It'll be fixed in the next day or two hopefully.

fingers crossed but they seem to be focused on xbone atm

I simply added    GetGame().GetWorld().SetDate(2018, 6, 12, 7, 3); in the init.c file immediately after the weather settings and it seems to be working so far.  I tried all the other fixes and they worked for a few restarts then the server was dark again.   This keeps the server at a set time until the Dev's fix the issue.

Edited by Emazeg
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Emazeg said:

I simply added    GetGame().GetWorld().SetDate(2018, 6, 12, 7, 3); in the init.c file immediately after the weather settings and it seems to be working so far.  I tried all the other fixes and they worked for a few restarts then the server was dark again.   This keeps the server at a set time until the Dev's fix the issue.

Nice, thx

5 hours ago, Emazeg said:

Thx, can confirm this works. Also tried the other solutions, but didn't work in my case.