Howler

Balota Airfield, US Hardcore 1, 4th July

I was there today, with nothing but the starter kit; bandage, painkillers and a flashlight.

As much as I do or do not mind bandits from time to time, this was just silly.

You. Whoever you are, shot an unarmed person trying to make his way over a barbed wire fence to get into the control tower.

Once upon a time I understood why the average bandit would kill a lone survivor - for beans, morphine and possibly ammo, a good haul, worth the bullet in the brain.

But this? This was just pointless. Sure, I didn't lose much, but what did you have to gain?

You were on your way out of there and even if I did pick up a gun and decide to use it against you, the distance you could have put between us would have easily kept you safe.

I'm calling you out sir bandit. I want answers. Because the ones I have tried to think of just don't do it...

Don't like dying? Then get the fuck away from places that coastal bandits sit at waiting for unarmed or unaware players to feast upon.

Last time i checked he recieved a murder on his counter...Incentive enough for me not sure about him

@ Smurftyours - Feast upon? Really? Yeah... he really dined on my inventory alright.... All 2 items. And as I explained, he was leaving. Oh and I am aware of dangerzones - most people who play Dayz are, so don't be a pedantic dick about it.

@ Flenniken - You have the most plausable reason. I award you an internet.

n00bs.

he was probably thinking that u had a gun or were running to the tower to get a gun...

dont trust strangers.

try to imply that ur friendly.

Yeah there are some total dicks in this game, these are the same guys who just can't make it in real life and have to annoy and frustrate innocent people by senseless killing.

The small "high" they get off killing an unarmed innocent could be clinically studied and most likely classified as a futile attempt to exert control over something or someone their otherwise feeble and frail existences.

I respect bandits killing for material gains and removing potential threats, but killing unarmed newbs is despicable and shameful.

Disagree? Please try to explain otherwise.

• Like 1

Don't judge a guy just because he kills you. I bet that 60% of the "bandits" out there just don't want to risk their gear, so they kill everyone on sight. The rest of the bandits do hunt people and kill them, but most, including me, don't TRY to find and kill people, they just do if thier gear might be threatened. Whoever it was probably just found some really good loot and freaked out, it happens to me all the time.

Great way to celebrate independence day.

An American killing a harmless Brit.

Outstanding.

@ Big_T - You sir, win an internet aswell. Senseless banditry is no banditry at all. They're supposed to be sneaky and clever. Not shooting at everything that moves.

Additionally, I was also talking in direct com as he was shooting me, saying I was friendly and unarmed. Good show old sport.

One: Big T don't relate physchological issues to a game, unless your christian, I guess you would have a reason to.

Two: The rules of the game, there arn't any.

Three: If we want to relate the games apocalypse to a real world apocalypse. People will take it as an excuse to go out and kill randomnlessly, their is no more enforcement, the world is ending. Its survival, survive, don't be a prick and cry when you get shot in the face randomnly, you just sucked at surviving, simple.

Edited by Stabs

I was there today, with nothing but the starter kit; bandage, painkillers and a flashlight.

As much as I do or do not mind bandits from time to time, this was just silly.

You. Whoever you are, shot an unarmed person trying to make his way over a barbed wire fence to get into the control tower.

Once upon a time I understood why the average bandit would kill a lone survivor - for beans, morphine and possibly ammo, a good haul, worth the bullet in the brain.

But this? This was just pointless. Sure, I didn't lose much, but what did you have to gain?

You were on your way out of there and even if I did pick up a gun and decide to use it against you, the distance you could have put between us would have easily kept you safe.

I'm calling you out sir bandit. I want answers. Because the ones I have tried to think of just don't do it...

+1 to murder count

nothing else.

I was going to rage at you but you are British. So am I.

YOU was lucky...

this sort of stuff happens when u bleed and dont have a bandage left :P

id do it if i wanted whatever was in the tower..

Don't like dying? Then get the fuck away from places that coastal bandits sit at waiting for unarmed or unaware players to feast upon.

....you missed the point asshat.

There are always guns at the Balota Airfield. Yesterday, I was only able to avoid killing an unarmed player because I was able to pick up the shotgun that he would have found into my backpack and taken the ammo for the pistol. You can't trust anyone.

Yeah there are some total dicks in this game, these are the same guys who just can't make it in real life and have to annoy and frustrate innocent people by senseless killing.

The small "high" they get off killing an unarmed innocent could be clinically studied and most likely classified as a futile attempt to exert control over something or someone their otherwise feeble and frail existences.

I respect bandits killing for material gains and removing potential threats, but killing unarmed newbs is despicable and shameful.

Really! It's a frickin game. Quit ur bitching. Move north. And loot those towns.

I'm so tired of reading all these posts whining how bandits are bad people irl...its a damn game. Grow up.

And by the way I have 0 murders.

Why did you go to Balota airfield? To get a gun. What does someone who's in Balota airfield not want to show up? Someone with a gun / about to get a gun.

One: Big T don't relate physchological issues to a game, unless your christian, I guess you would have a reason to.

Two: The rules of the game, there arn't any.

Three: If we want to relate the games apocalypse to a real world apocalypse. People will take it as an excuse to go out and kill randomnlessly, their is no more enforcement, the world is ending. Its survival, survive, don't be a prick and cry when you get shot in the face randomnly, you just sucked at surviving, simple.

@ One: Gamer psyche affects the game. Also, the game affects gamer psyche. It's a two way street.

@ Two: True. Can agree on that. Although "Scavenge, slay, survive" could be called objectives/suggestions. But even there they don't suggest killing innocent survivors. But meh.

@ Three: A tad harsh. I was merely expressing distaste. It wasn't just me who sucked at surviving? It was also part this guy's fault. Blaming it purely on the guy who gets shot isn't exactly logical? If you think it is, maybe you should get angry at all the people who got put up against walls in firing lines throughout history? They just fucking sucked at being alive didn't they! Serves them right!

NB: Your spelling needs work. You also need to read posts a little more carefully. This was a question posed. Not a rage topic.

Bro there's a line when it comes to taking things far too seriously. You've crossed it. Just because people get enjoyment from a certain way of playing, doesn't mean they're going to grow up to be a serial killer or something and quite honestly, your post scares me. You scare me. If anything, you're the one that seems like you're flirting with the full-retard line.

I'm 26 years old, with a child, a fiance, as well as having gone to college and I make more than enough money to be happy with my life currently, and I'm a person who doesn't have any enemies in the real world as I get along with everyone. I play a bandit, and I shoot on sight. I may not always shoot people with just a pistol, but if they happen to look my way, or don't respond to me telling them to "holster" their weapon, or drop it.... I'm going to put them out. Why? Because I can't look through a computer monitor and tell just how close their finger is hovering over their left mouse button -- so I remove the problem before it has a chance to begin. I'm pretty sure I'm making it in the real world too, and I'm fairly certain I had no self-esteem issues while growing up. So, I really don't know how you can make baseless accusations like that. To each his own.

Edited by KField86

I'd have shot you too. Any loot you find in the area is loot I could possibly need. Therefore you are a threat, unarmed or not you could steal my loot.

I'd have shot you too. Any loot you find in the area is loot I could possibly need. Therefore you are a threat, unarmed or not you could steal my loot.

What afraid he was going to kill you with his torchlight. ROFL! And stealing your loot is a lame point as loot will just respawn and you could take that. There is no reason to kill an unarmed survivor other than griefing. You can try and justify it all you like it's not BANDITRY IT'S ASSHATERY. Edited by trichome