// Server name - max 64 chars
hostname = "Jaan Doh - DayZ SA Vanilla";

// Password for connection to the server
password = "";

// Password to become server admin  
passwordAdmin = "";

// Maximum amount of players
maxPlayers = 30;

// Verifies .pbos against .bisign files. (use only 2)
verifySignatures = 2;

// Server will allow connection only to clients with same exe revision as server when active (value 0-1)
forceSameBuild = 1;

// Enable/disable voice over network (value 0-1)
disableVoN = 0;

// Voice over network codec quality (values 0-30)
vonCodecQuality = 7;

//turn on/off 3rd person view for players on the particular server instance (value 0-1)
disable3rdPerson = 0;

//turn on/off cross-hair on the particular server instance (value 0-1)
disableCrosshair = 0;

// Server Start Time
// Initial ingame time of server. "SystemTime" means local time of machine. Another possibility is to set the time to some value in "YYYY/MM/DD/HH/MM" format, f.e. "2015/4/8/17/23".
serverTime = "2018/11/20/06/00";

// Accelerated Time (value 0-24)
// This is a time multiplier for in-game time. In this case time would move 24 times faster than normal, an entire day would pass in one hour.
serverTimeAcceleration = 4;

// Persistent Time (value 0-1)
// Actual server time is saved to storage, so when active, next server start will use saved time value.
serverTimePersistent = 0;

// Communication protocol used with game server (use only number 1) 
guaranteedUpdates = 1;

// Number of players concurrently processed during login process. Should prevent massive performance drop during connection when a lot of people are connecting in the same time.   
loginQueueConcurrentPlayers = 5;

// Maximum number of players that can wait in login queue
loginQueueMaxPlayers = 30;

// DayZ server instance id to identify number of instances per box and their storage folders with persistence files
instanceId = 1;

// how many persistence history files should been kept by instance, number is looped over during save
lootHistory = 1;

// Disable houses/doors persistence (value true/false), usable in case of problems with persistence
storeHouseStateDisabled = false;

// Checks if persistence files are corrupted and replaces corrupted ones with empty ones (value 0-1)
storageAutoFix = 1;

// Sets the respawn delay (in seconds) before the player is able to get a new character on the server, when the previous one is dead
respawnTime = 20;

// Message of the day displayed in the in-game chat
motd[] = {"Thank You for gamingon our server","Visit our website www.jd-uk-dsf-gaming.co.uk","Private RP servers coming soon"};

// Time interval (in seconds) between each message
motdInterval = 900;

// Max ping value until server kick the user (value in milliseconds)
maxPing= 250;               

// Format for timestamps in the .rpt file (value Full/Short)
timeStampFormat = "Short";

// Logs the count of currently connected players (value in seconds), needs to have the -dologs launch parameter active
logPlayers = 900;

// Saves the server console log to a file in the folder with the other server logs
logFile = "server_console.log";

//shows info about the character using a debug window in a corner of the screen (value 0-1)
enableDebugMonitor = 0;

// Logs the average server FPS (value in seconds), needs to have -dologs launch parameter active
logAverageFps = 0;

// Logs the server memory usage (value in seconds), needs to have the -dologs launch parameter active
logMemory = 0;
// defines Steam query port, should fix the issue with server not being visible in client server browser
steamQueryPort = 2305;

class Missions
{
    class DayZ
    {
        template="dayzOffline.chernarusplus";        //used mission
	//first part is mission name, second part is used map
    };
};

Also while that line exists in my file then I cannot see the server listed on LAN tab

So to re-cap:
I do not see the server in the LAN tab

I do not see the server in Dayz Spy either

are you sure your port forwarding is correct? does your pc have static "local" ip and you forward to your computer IP? 

Hiya barci335,

I dont know if I have static ip at home.

I think it is a dynamic ip and changes every 3 months or so.

The server used to work before with the same provider (Plusnet)

And I could see it in my community tab (see the photo higher up in this thread) 

what did you change?

i mean, you opened your ports, but is it assigned to the right device?

YAHOOOOO

Finally  :)
My server is up and running (I think its up lol)

Please could someone check it for me? because I cannot see it in my Dayz Game Browser...

Spoiler

Thank you.

Its called JD DayZ SA Vanilla

And the Ip address should be 146.90.194.139

If the IP address is different then your looking at an older instance which does not exist any more.

[As it appears on DayZ Spy - https://www.dayzspy.com/server/146.90.194.139:2302/live]

What I did was...

Spoiler

What I did was...

• Uninstall Dayz
  • Uninstall Dayz Server
  • Reset Hub to Factory Settings
  • Removed all dayz entries in windows firewall
  • Re-Install Dayz Server
  • Open ports in router
  • open ports in windows firewall

The tool I used to check the ports were active and open  was (https://www.testports.com/

Points of note...

Spoiler

Points worth noticing are:

1 - The start.bat batch file is no different (so no changes here)

2 - The serverdz.cfg is slightly different in so much as the order of settings is different  (slight changes but nothing that made the difference?)

3 - I used this page (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8571-GLVN-8711) to find the ports that I needed

4 - To the list of ports above I added 2302-2308 UDP only 

Since I deleted everything and restarted from fresh, I'm ot sure if it was the ports or the serverdz.cfg file which fixed it.

Thank You all for the help you gave me.

I very much appreciate it.

Jaan

it's up :)

unknown.png

i think, you made a mistake with port forwarding etc. :-P 

Edited by barci335

Oh that's strange, I can see it in the community tab and I can join it an play it too, via the community tab.

The server no longer appears in my LAN tab.

Did you try to join it?
were any errors displayed?

Maybe Monday I can go to my friends house and try to connect from there and see if it works  and he can join it or not.

Also later tonight I will add the preliminary start-up player load out (players initial kit)

Just some info for you, running your server at home please take some security precautions, ONLY open ports in router needed to allow players to connect and server report to steam eg, 2302 game port and 27015 steam query TCP/UPD on both, others being open is not needed and considered a security risk.

If your server is running on port 2302 then only allow that port number to be open, you dont need 2302-2308 etc to be open unless you are running many a server (stil I would set it individually anyhow), query ports you can use main ones like 27015 to 27020 again you only need one to be open per server instance.

Even if you have a dynamic ip these settings wont need to be changed.

To set a static Query port for your server (effective in a case of running multiple servers or just want solid settings) state in each of your ServerDZ.cfg file at the top this entry,.. eg query port can be any of your choosing as long as they are recognized as steam query ports, common ones are 27015 -27020..

//Steam Query Port
SteamQueryPort=27015;

That way only that server will run on that port as defined in the ServerDZ.cfg file, otherwise the server will sometime choose a random query port to report to.

Always take note of what ports you have open and what ports NEED to be open, if its a server/system just to run the game server its no biggie but if you are running it from your daily machine you need to be cautious, having these settings will help keep your security and privacy along with your connection clear from unwanted or malicious activity. btw putting your system in a DMZ zone is a no go unless you dont care what is seen by the outside or are confident you have settings in place to have control on what is seen and what is not seen.

Take care and good luck with game server hosting.

Edited by ICEMAN-FMCS