Uncle Zed

Difference between static and dynamic zombies

In the zombie_territories.xml file, you have static zombies (smin and smax) and dynamic zombies (dmin and dmax). Does anyone know how these actually function? Is the static zombies the number that will always be there and the dynamic zombies have a chance of spawning and if they do, they are between the dmin and dmax numbers? 

Edited by GrossKopfZed

static always there and draining performance when no players are in the area dynamic less drain as only there when players are

2 hours ago, Sy8282 said:

static always there and draining performance when no players are in the area dynamic less drain as only there when players are

I'm not sure that dynamic works too well. There's places where I put a min of 10 zombies and there's hardly any there...

sometimes the spawns have a 100 meter radius so you wont see them all at once they could be behind houses on other streets etc

16 hours ago, GrossKopfZed said:

I'm not sure that dynamic works too well. There's places where I put a min of 10 zombies and there's hardly any there...

10 hours ago, Sy8282 said:

sometimes the spawns have a 100 meter radius so you wont see them all at once they could be behind houses on other streets etc

Not that you asked this but you can also do some other changes to edit zombie spawns. It will require some testing as it affects the FPS of the server, which is also difficult just now as many people are experience FPS drops after the most recent update. Anyway...

Step 1.

Navigate to the directory mpmissions\missionName\db\

Open events.xml

Go to line 196

Locate <event name="InfectedArmy">

Change <min>25</min>

Change <max>250</min>

Scroll down and locate an array of <children>

Change all <min> and <max> tags

Repeat for every Infected Array

Step 2.

Open globals.xml

Change ZombieMaxCount

2 hours ago, Fester808 said:

Open events.xml

I did all that, but I still don't feel like I'm getting the level of zedz that I want.

1 hour ago, GrossKopfZed said:

I did all that, but I still don't feel like I'm getting the level of zedz that I want.

Try this worlds_chernarusplus_ai.pbo with modified zombie_territories.xml 

This was modified by another guy but was too much for my server. It takes time to get it right with slight adjustments. The spread of zombies is not always favourable with this method but could always just add more events to get the spread you want. I followed this old reddit post and got an amount I was happy with without compromising too much server FPS.

Goodluck