Sign in to follow this  
NachoNinjaGnome

Decrease Item Damage

Now, I know we're all sick and tired of constantly repairing our gear.  I like the fact that the mechanic exists, but can we turn it down a bit.  Especially in the game's current state, you can be as cautious as possible dealing with zombies, but, at some point, you're going to get those teleporting zombies glitching around, phasing out our plane of reality when we swing our axes only to return to this vibrational dimension to land a hit on us a fraction of a second later.  We should not need to constantly hunt for sewing kits and duct tape just to survive hunting for more sewing kits and duct tape.  It seems like that's the main focus of every other play session lately.  And I haven't seen it first hand as I've only fired about 5 shots total, from two different weapons, so far, but all I hear from my, more trigger happy, friends is how often they have to clean their guns.  And I know from the cleaning kits I give them just how much they're going through them, it's ridiculous.  You should be able to put, at least, a few hundred rounds through any firearm before NEEDING to clean it.  And it seems like they jam WAY too often.  From all the thousands of rounds I've fired through various weapons over the years, I've only ever had one failure to chamber in my CZ75, another failure to chamber in my AK-47, and no other failures in anything else.  And those failures to chamber were using cheap, Russian, steel cased rounds at the range, after firing a couple hundreds of rounds through both weapons in a single visit.  And then, those specific rounds were reloaded, chamber, fired and cycled just fine.  Firearms are designed for extended use in firefight situations.  If anything, the need to clean comes from not cleaning it after the weapon has cooled.  Now, I could understand a timer set to a weapon after it has been fired to increase rate of failure, but I've seen people clean their weapon in game, then ready it for action, only to see it jam on the first pull of the trigger.  Seems to me like, all around, the item damage needs to be turned down.  And I haven't been shot yet this build, but if a single bullet to the torso still ruins all of your gear in your jacket, vest and backpack, that definitely needs to be adjusted as well.

• Like 1

Honestly this hasn’t been an issue for me compared to earlier builds . I think it was .61 or .60 when the zombies would literally wreck your clothes and any items on you in one or two hits.

I think we have hit a good balance with this patch , I’ve been getting struck by zombies pretty frequently but have only needed to repair my gun twice , and my clothes are now at damaged / badly damaged but these are the first outfit I found after spawning a few days ago - been playing for at least 3-4 hours per day since then Too so IMO there’s plenty of wear and tear here but not too much . 

Edited by PandahFistophacleezeSykes

I have also had this issue, and it is hard with the teleportation zombies.  One hit takes my worn jacket to badly damaged for instance.  And I also found that the sewing kit is bugged.  You can take something from damaged to worn and it uses part of the kit.  The next time, on the same coat, it uses the whole kit up.  I would also say the amount of firearms and firearm equipment, to include magazines I find seems much lower in vanilla than I am used to.  And most are badly damaged.  This could be my luck of course, but not sure. 

On 11/17/2018 at 8:56 AM, PandahFistophacleezeSykes said:

Honestly this hasn’t been an issue for me compared to earlier builds . I think it was .61 or .60 when the zombies would literally wreck your clothes and any items on you in one or two hits.

I think we have hit a good balance with this patch , I’ve been getting struck by zombies pretty frequently but have only needed to repair my gun twice , and my clothes are now at damaged / badly damaged but these are the first outfit I found after spawning a few days ago - been playing for at least 3-4 hours per day since then Too so IMO there’s plenty of wear and tear here but not too much . 

Hmm... I've been playing since before 0.60 and never had an issue with that.  Mostly because the zombies movements were easily sidestepped.  At one point, in 0.62, I believe, they started to turn as they swung and would often double tap you.  It was then that I noticed an increase in sewing kit usage.  But with the current build, it seems like all I do is hunt for sewing kits, duct tape and food.

On 11/20/2018 at 10:46 AM, isaac19delta said:

I have also had this issue, and it is hard with the teleportation zombies.  One hit takes my worn jacket to badly damaged for instance.  And I also found that the sewing kit is bugged.  You can take something from damaged to worn and it uses part of the kit.  The next time, on the same coat, it uses the whole kit up.  I would also say the amount of firearms and firearm equipment, to include magazines I find seems much lower in vanilla than I am used to.  And most are badly damaged.  This could be my luck of course, but not sure. 

Yeah, I've seen the kit/tape bug here and there.  It's off and on.  Haven't seen it in the last couple of days though.  Might have been fixed.

And that might just be your luck.  I've played on several servers and weapons seem to be pretty evenly spread across the various levels of quality.