Sign in to follow this  
drgullen

Usable Vehicles

I realize the current stable build has many issues at the moment and the focus of the devs should be to stabilize before the release next month, but one thing I would like to see, at some point, is a change in the philosophy of the vehicle spawns.

Since there are only a limited number of vehicles spawning, I think the state they are in is a bit harsh.  I found one last night on the east side of the map, but it was basically missing everything.  I searched the surrounding area for about half an hour and found only one tire.  I still needed everything else (3 more tires, spark plug, etc.)

You teased us with those Stress Tests where we were able to drive cars without looting anything -- now, the pendulum has swung completely the other way and getting a car actually working seems ridiculously difficult.  I think most of the cars should spawn with only a limited number of things missing and have a small percentage chance (say 25%) that it spawns ready to drive.  Given the stamina system, having working vehicles needs to be more of a thing than it is now -- I don't expect every vehicle to work every time, but I should be able to approach it, see that all it's missing is one, maybe two things and boom -- I'm excited -- I now have a new primary goal for this DayZ session (beyond staying alive, of course) that seems achievable -- find those couple of things and I'm in business.  As it stands now, I walk up to a vehicle, see that it's missing more than half of its required components (and in some cases, is missing everything) and I simply move along.  I should have to spend only a small amount of time on looking for vehicle components, not my entire session.

Please consider dialing back the harshness of the vehicle spawns at some point in a future patch.  Thanks for reading this.