alaaa

REALISTIC Suggestions and REAL ideas

Hello survivors, i'm aLaaa and somebody could remember me because i'm the developer behind the RCRN lighting mod for Skyrim, i'm a big DayZ fan and i'm playing it since about a month, but i never actively posted in the forums before (only lurking :P).

The purpose of this thread is to collect the most interesting and solid ideas provided by the DayZ community, repackaging them into a wireframe structure, and then provide an easy-to-browse thread with fresh ideas for Rocket and devs.

I would be happy to keep this thread in the general forum instead of the suggestions one, because the base purpose is to address the general discussions to a more constructive way than the usual pointless complaint threads about barbed wire/tank traps/hacking/severhopping/zomgiraidedyourtentandigrabbed2cansofbeansi'mso1337.

Suggestions list:

(in some cases original post could be missed, if you are the original submitter please notify it to me.)

1) Humanity v2: Rick Edition.

It's pretty obvious that the old bandit Skin was not the right solution, but it's pretty obvious too that the actual situation turned everything into a pointless deathmatch.

Here is a proposal based on a total different thing: Vanity.

Every new player should start with an Humanity value of 4/7 of the total points: Killing and shooting at not bandit players will make the value decrease. Killing bandits and heal other players will make the humanity value to increase and unlock stuff (everything already included into Arma2):

Humanity 5/7: Allow you to wear the Policeman Skin, an average rarity military item spawn.

post-35870-0-42030600-1342043475_thumb.j

Humanity 5/7: Allow you to wear the Doctor Skin, an average rarity medical item spawn.

post-35870-0-38105100-1342043579_thumb.j

Humanity 6/7: Allow you to wear the UN Pacekeeper Skin, this is a camoufage skin with a blue helmet, it's an high rarity military item spawn.

post-35870-0-55335600-1342043658_thumb.j

If you are using a positive Humanity Skin and your Humanity decrease until the value that allow you to wear it, the skin will be automatically removed and repackaged into your inventory at the next server login.

Related Gameplay changes: skins are cool and people that want to obtain them will act better. This kind of skins will help the role playing too and they'll add someone to trust in the game. This system doesn't remove bandits from DayZ, it's only developed in order to balance the actual state of things, so expect only a 20% decrease in banditism and murdering. It will also add much more sense to PvP. This will not turn people that are wearing the skins in walking targets, because bandits doesn't look at the skin, they will kill you anyway like it's happening right now, but much probably you will recieve less random shots from survivors because they will recognize you as friendly.

This should be considered as an addition to all the good suggestions already posted in this thread: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/20112-the-only-realistic-way-to-prevent-deathmatching-make-dayz-a-living-hell/page__hl__%2Bonly+%2Brealistic+%2Bprevent+%2Bdeathmatching

2) Car Paints

This is a mid-end game content, we already have (few) character skins but would be nice add also new or interchangeable skins for vehicles, this thing could be done by adding paint cans in the mod.

Paint cans should be civilian rare loot, and several colors should be available, by combining paint cans you can obtain different skins that can be applied to your veichle.

Examples:

Green Can + Yellow Can + Brown Can = Woodland Camouflage Skin

Black Can + Gray Can + White Can = Urban Camouflage skin

White Can + Red Can = Ambulance Skin

Blue Can + White Can + Green Can = Police Car Skin

Yellow Can + Green Can + Purple Can + Pink Can + Blue Can + Red Can + White Can = Special Flower Power paint job for the hippy van

The above combos are just examples there are infinite possibilities, but for sure be able to repaint your veichles would be a nice addition also because a lot of skins/models are already in ArmaII and CO.

3) Helicopter Crash Site Implementation Change (by Callaghan)

Everything is already explained here: http://dayzmod.com/f...ntation +change

I want only to add that imho the Heli loot should be reduced in quantity, and Heli crashes should happen randomly and only 4 times a day.

When an Heli crash happen also a pre-recorded SOS message should be brodcasted to all the players that with a Radio in the toolsbelt. (For more info about radio mechanic, please read the next suggestion).

4) Radio Mechanics: Hello World!

I think that this could be a really nice feature, the Chernarus map is full of unused Antennas, this mechanic is supposed to give them a sense.

Here is a demo Radio Map that i just done, with stations and ranges (everything is based on already in-game buildings/antennas) (click me!)

Features and explanation:

- 3x Main Radio Stations, usable by players for voice broadcasting in the antenna areas. Squares in the map are the areas of effect. (Green Mountain Station, NW Airfield Control tower Station, Drakon Isle Station)

- 2x Small Modular Radio Stations (marked with SW in the map), usable by players for broadcasting in the antenna areas, this kind of stations are using an external facility (about 1km away) to broadcast, the linked antenna can be used for broadcasting the linked station or as relay station by an adjacent Main Station. (Modular Stations are located at the Balota Airstrip Control Tower and at the NE Airstrip Control Tower)

- 4x Relay Antennas, they are used only to re-broadcast signal of Main and Modular Stations coming from an adjacent cell.

- Every new player spawn with a radio in the tools inventory.

- Players can interact with Antennas and Stations, they can be user set: OFF/ON/Repeat broadcasting of an adjacent station.

- Side-chat is enabled into all the radio covered zones (setting Off Antennas/Stations disable sidechat in that area too).

- Users can select what to hear. By opening inventory and right clicking on the Radio they can select a station or turn Station Broadcasting off. Turning station broadcasting OFF will block the HELIS SOS message too, because it will be re-broadcasted by all the active stations/antennas.

Related Gameplay changes: this add something to do for clans and groups; conquering, defending, switching on/off Radio Stations will keep them busy for a while, and will make them use their veichles for a good reason. Partially active side-chat will add a bit of support for newcomers.

5) new Tool: Flare Gun (by thefonz)

A simply flare gun for rescue/communication purpose, more info here: http://dayzmod.com/f...5180-flare-gun/

6) Updated Melee Weapon/Tool: Knife

Knife is already here, would be nice use it also for cutting zeds and not only for gut sheeps.

7) New Melee Weapon/Tool: Shovel

Smashing zeds with a Shovel sounds really funny, this should be used also to create little sand fortifications (model is already in Arma2) like this:

(maybe a 2h cooldown should be in too)

http://www.armatechs...EnvelopeBig.jpg

The Melee Weapons damage range should be something like: [lowest] knife > crowbar > Shovel > Axe [highest]

8) Power Plants, electric grid, and Generators (by Bullfrog)

An Electricity System would perfectly fit the DayZ gameplay, it should be a nice boost to the teamplay and also a little nerf to the excessive NVG usage (because with this system batteries needs to be recharged via the power line) that is killing the night-time immersion.

You can find all the informations in this thread: http://dayzmod.com/f...enerators-v-33/

9) Night Time/Dusks/Dawns

Atm this stuff seems to be not very well balanced, i'm not saying that night time is too dark, but i'm speaking about the night simulation it self, seems that it's simulated by just decreasing saturation and brightness, that is not correct. Arma2 uses a post processing injection system very similar to the one that our mod (RCRN) uses for Skyrim, we work on this kind of lighting stuff for about 8 hours a day since november 2011, and if you want we will be happy to assist you in providing a better night/dusks/dawns management.

--------------------

thread update history:

- 12/07/012 : removed the TinCan anticheat idea because Rocket already fixed the references in 1.7.2, added Car Paints and Power Plants!

--------------------

This is my collection for today, i'll update it everyday with the best ideas that i'll be able to catch around the boards.

Sorry for my english, but i'm not from an english based country :)

I hope that this post may help a bit, if you found something interesting around let me know, and if possible i'll add it!

Thank you for reading this wall of text!

Edited by aLaaa

I like 2) the fact that some skins (if you choose to wear them) can let players know that you are a good guy/bad guy. Again i stress this must be an option to be able to wear alternative skins - not forced. Bandits shouldnt be visible to anyone unless they want to be.

I like making it optional, though this would not work since everyone will have the "main" skin, so the only way you can tell someone apart is if they choose a bandit skin. Plus, those other skins are REALLY easy to spot on the field...

But the ideas are good, hopefully they will get noticed

Sounds good so far man....i like the police skin idea. A couple more requests for the pile would be....

Addons and equipment for weapons

Main weapon sling

Wild life animals in forests

Batteries for NVG, Flashlights and others

Spray canisters to write messages to survivors or set a trap.

All of these were previously mentioned.

Sounds good so far man....i like the police skin idea. A couple more requests for the pile would be....

Addons and equipment for weapons

Main weapon sling

Wild life animals in forests

Batteries for NVG' date=' Flashlights and others

Spray canisters to write messages to survivors or set a trap.

All of these were previously mentioned.

[/quote']

Thank you for the inputs, tomorrow i'll add some of them :D

ofcourse we could get some bandit skins for those that wanna feel more badass aswell i guess ^^

Well personally i'm not a big fan of bandit-skins only, we need for sure more skins for everybody (and there are already a lot of them included in Arma2 that are only waiting to be added), i didn't write this in the main post because i think that the DayZ staff is already working in this way. The Skins that i selected in the point 2 are just for restrain the excessive bandit behavior!

main post updated!

- 12/07/012 : removed the TinCan anticheat idea because Rocket already fixed the item references in 1.7.2, added 2 new suggestions: Car Paints and Power Plants!

Edited by aLaaa

You get the UN Peacekeeper skin when your humanity increases? And you call this realistic? I guess you've been watching too much Captain Planet and the Planeteers...

Edited by lodestar

You get the UN Peacekeeper skin when your humanity increases? And you call this realistic? I guess you've been watching too much Captain Planet and the Planeteers...

it's the only one camouflage skin already included in Arma that is a bit different from the other camouflage skins, this is the only reason because i pick it.

Edited by aLaaa

it's the only one camouflage skin that is a bit different from the other camouflage skins, this is the only reason because i pick it.

But it still sucks and it's the kind of political argument a game like this shouldn't pose to players. I play as a survivor for months, I never killed other players except in self-defense, and I agree with your idea that vanity can play a role in this, but even thought I'd probably be eligible for it, I'd quit the game before getting a UN peacekeeper skin.

Edited by lodestar

You're an idiot their is a suggestion forums for a reason.

Your an idiot for not realizing he's a relatively new player and may know nothing of the Suggestion forum. So how about you take a couple steps down from your throne your highness and chill out, If the devs want it in the suggestion forum, I have no doubt in my mind they will move it...

Sounds like a lot of really cool ideas that I'm sure a lot of people would love to see in the game! We can only wait and see with what Rocket plans on doing with this mod..

Personally I can't wait for the potential underground structures he talked about in the recent Rezzed Vid.

But it still sucks and it's the kind of political argument a game like this shouldn't pose to players. I play as a survivor for months, I never killed other players except in self-defense, and I agree with your idea that vanity can play a role in this, but even thought I'd probably be eligible for it, I'd quit the game before getting a UN peacekeeper skin.

that are just examples, skins can be created, reworked and added, so changing it is not a big issue, i care more about the mechanic it self than the helmet color :P

Your an idiot for not realizing he's a relatively new player and may know nothing of the Suggestion forum.

Your an idiot for not realising that the OP talks about the suggestions forum in his post.

1. No
  2. No
  3. Very nice idea, but I do not agree upon that a "pre-recorded SOS message" should be transmitted. Make it something like a beacon sound.
  4. No
  5. Grenade launchers can launch flares, can they not?
  6. No
  7. No
  8. No
  9. No

+1 NVG's should run on lootable batteries.

I think DayZ needs more vanilla skins, free to be selected by all players without restrictions. No pros & cons though please.

Edited by Vitdom

There are mods, if they really want to move it they can. What's the issue?

I love the radio tower suggestion, it would implement hours and hours of extra content into the game by simply providing another objective to players besides survival: communication. Groups scattered across Chernarus could rely on radio towers instead of 3rd party applications like teamspeak and ventrilo, causing the conquering and holding of radio towers to be a very big deal. I can imagine warfare being held over a radio tower being purposefully held offline by a rogue bandit group seeking to fuck with survivors. These towers could also tie into the entrance of generators, requiring their power in order to function. Simply brilliant! Perhaps radios could be a medium grade loot spawn instead of everyone spawning with one, seeing as broadcast capable radios in real life are relatively expensive (for decent to good ones anyway). Grab a radio, send a quick "R u in churno?" to your buddy and pray that some douche isn't screwing with the radio towers. I love it.

Your an idiot for not realising that the OP talks about the suggestions forum in his post.

Guess I didn't read that part then, but thanks for missing the point of reprimanding an ignorant player that had nothing constructive to add to the conversation, just like you.

• Like 1

I love the radio tower suggestion, it would implement hours and hours of extra content into the game by simply providing another objective to players besides survival: communication. Groups scattered across Chernarus could rely on radio towers instead of 3rd party applications like teamspeak and ventrilo, causing the conquering and holding of radio towers to be a very big deal. I can imagine warfare being held over a radio tower being purposefully held offline by a rogue bandit group seeking to fuck with survivors. These towers could also tie into the entrance of generators, requiring their power in order to function. Simply brilliant! Perhaps radios could be a medium grade loot spawn instead of everyone spawning with one, seeing as broadcast capable radios in real life are relatively expensive (for decent to good ones anyway). Grab a radio, send a quick "R u in churno?" to your buddy and pray that some douche isn't screwing with the radio towers. I love it.

Yeah! This is exactly the purpose behind the radio suggestion!

I propose a solution to prevent server hoppers. I think players should be required to set a spawn location, the spawn location you set can only be in the wilderness and would consist of a drop down box similar to climbing a ladder. This would not be a physical object that other players can see, everytime you reconnect to a server you spawn at the location you last set. You can relocate as many times as you like and if you havent selected a spawn then you spawn on the coast.

It's not perfect and has the exploit that players can run to the coast and then dc to spawn back up north but overall I think its a suitable compromise.

I really like the idea of unlocking new skins to express trustworthiness and offer some sort of incentive to play nice. Only potential problem I see with this is the very large possibility that players wearing these skins could be mistaken for zombies & shot on sight anyway.