grillstern666

No Sat Image and wrong floor textures in buldozer

hmm  how many tiles in your surface rvmat ?  

these ones  in Aside /up /Dir ?   maybe its too low and only  applying 1 testure to that  area  ?  

dz\surfaces\data\terrain\cp_gravel.rvmat";   

Edit

also try with  Red  and Green  with see if it  works  maybe the  colour  blend there is too close  with so much Green in both those references 

PS probably website but there looks lots of  colours along the edged of your mask  

Edited by ofp2

At the current stage I think the issue is something where buldozer does not load the generated .lco/.lca files correctly (the generated files looking ok so far). This would also explain the missing sat image (besides the floor texture problem) - the generated sat files are just not loaded in Buldozer. But unfortunately I don't know what to try next -.- since same settings with same source files (mask, satimage) used in Arma TB are working.

Edited by grillstern666

4 hours ago, grillstern666 said:

At the current stage I think the issue is something where buldozer does not load the generated .lco/.lca files correctly (the generated files looking ok so far). This would also explain the missing sat image (besides the floor texture problem) - the generated sat files are just not loaded in Buldozer. But unfortunately I don't know what to try next -.- since same settings with same source files (mask, satimage) used in Arma TB are working.

Hi , You are correct  it is the actual buldozer  is broken now  it isnt reading the textures from the land since yesterdays update  

It seems a repeat of the Arma 3  development  where updates fix but break , without accurate changelogs we will never know which element in a "fix"  has broken  our setups , in Arma3 i think it was around 2 years before some stability was made with the tool set unless you use a 3rd party manager  which is very unfortunate  but if needs must. 

• Thanks 1

At least it now seems to be a global TB issue and no missconfiguration on my machine ^^ so I can stop searching around and editing my config files. So I just wait and hope for an update. Maybe meanwhile I start Object placement in my map for now....this is working :)

• Beans 1

well  i need my sat for placing  because the  buildings are on the sat :o    i think ill just use Arma 3  tools  and do the land  shape  then back to  the  buildings  when tools are more stable 

and then there is a saying those who help their self  will get things done  

https://imgur.com/a/XjlOGFj

seems work drive does not copy all the necessary files . copy those from outside the folder in DayZ game root  to your p drive   and it works

Edited by ofp2

Yeah...without Sat image its a little bit tricky. Yesterday evening I opened the real location/Sat in googleearth as a little helper :P

17 minutes ago, ofp2 said:

and then there is a saying those who help their self  will get things done  

https://imgur.com/a/XjlOGFj

seems work drive does not copy all the necessary files . copy those from outside the folder in DayZ game root  to your p drive   and it works

Which files/directory exactly do you mean should be copy to which location? The extracted .PBO files to P:\dz ?

Edited by grillstern666

sorry had to go out  

so  what i did is  i let workdrive create  its folder and extract to

C:\Users\pcname\Documents\DayZ Projects

then  i went to the Dayz game folder  and copied ALL the files in root ( not the folders) 

then  i opened terrain Builder and set the preference path to 

C:\Users\pcname\Documents\DayZ Projects\DayZ_x64.exe

i closed it  

and restarted PC    and then in my  DayZ Projects folder i made a Bat file   

subst p: "C:\Users\pcname\Documents\DayZ Projects" 

and i  activated it  (  as user not as Admin )  

And then everything works once again .

I think  as always with BI Tools 99% of the time  the problem is UAC   and some need to use Admin and some do not , it all pertains to your windows account log on setup

NB  in the above PC name refers to your own PC name it is not a literal noun for use  here

Edited by ofp2
  • Like 1

1.000.000x thx! This finaly did it. The trick seems to be to copy out the files from the game dir and put them in P:  Buldozer seems to behave different started from this copied files in P: than in the original game drive! (...and don't forget to convert the files to .ppa)!

• Thanks 2

Glad it helped :)

Edit

Now we just need to sort flickering models and road tool fixing and we can start to think about making a terrain :)

Edited by ofp2

On 13.11.2018 at 5:14 PM, grillstern666 said:

1.000.000x thx! This finaly did it. The trick seems to be to copy out the files from the game dir and put them in P:  Buldozer seems to behave different started from this copied files in P: than in the original game drive! (...and don't forget to convert the files to .ppa)!

Moin I'm new to Dayz Terrain Builder, but have experience with Arma3. I have the same error as you the textures are not displayed correctly. You had written that the files should be converted to ppa, is that a typo error and you meant paa or was it right with ppa? If it is really ppa then my question would be with which program I can get such a format.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My english is not very good and I already used google to solve my problem.

So now that iv saw rhaz no one knows why thats happening. You have to use a heigher desired overlap in the samplers tab of the mapframe. I use 64. And everything is fine.