Sign in to follow this  
kmiles1990

Select Spawns

Is there any way to add spawns to specific players? Basically if I want this specific steamId to have an option to either spawn at this certain spot, or spawn randomly. Is that something that can be done?

18 minutes ago, kmiles1990 said:

Is there any way to add spawns to specific players? Basically if I want this specific steamId to have an option to either spawn at this certain spot, or spawn randomly. Is that something that can be done?

Yes you can, but you have to develop this function, is easy, i am not at home now to do

Just now, LastS said:

Yes you can, but you have to develop this function, is easy, i am not at home now to do

When you get home, could you possibly show me an example? Just not sure where to start with this one.

1 minute ago, kmiles1990 said:

When you get home, could you possibly show me an example? Just not sure where to start with this one.

Yeep

I don't have any code available right now but it would be something along the lines of an if-statement, comparing the player.GetIdentity().GetId() (believe this one was the Steam ID) to an ID you specified. Then spawn that person at the specified location. Else spawn randomly.

a little search and read others post is enough.

unpbo the dta/scripts.pbo file and search in that folder to know what functions you can use

Edited by Sentepu

4 hours ago, Sentepu said:

a little search and read others post is enough.

unpbo the dta/scripts.pbo file and search in that folder to know what functions you can use

That post literally has nothing to do with my question.

5 hours ago, IMT said:

I don't have any code available right now but it would be something along the lines of an if-statement, comparing the player.GetIdentity().GetId() (believe this one was the Steam ID) to an ID you specified. Then spawn that person at the specified location. Else spawn randomly.

Yea I know how to determine which steamId, the problem is what do I put to spawn a character at a specific location in the init.c

you have all the ID part there with a switch, create character is already in the init.c ...

Hmm, so basically in the CreateCharacter, I would just check for the specific ID, and if it matches, set to POS part to the vector coordinates I want?

That being said though, how do I allow the specific player to choose there spawn on death?

10 hours ago, LastS said:

Yeep

Would it be something like this?

override PlayerBase CreateCharacter(PlayerIdentity identity, vector pos, ParamsReadContext ctx, string characterName)
	{

string SteamId_Admin = "76561198109829398"; // SteamID

if (player.GetIdentity().GetPlainId() == SteamId_Admin) {

Entity playerEnt;
			playerEnt = GetGame().CreatePlayer(identity, characterName, pos /*How would I add the positon? as a vector?*/, 0, "NONE");//Admin Positon
			Class.CastTo(m_player, playerEnt);

GetGame().SelectPlayer(identity, m_player);
			// Could I put it on a timer? Like 60 minute cool down? If he spawned here, he will spawn randomly on death for the next 60 minutes until CD is done?
		} else {

Entity playerEnt;
			playerEnt = GetGame().CreatePlayer(identity, characterName, pos, 0, "NONE");//Creates random player

}

return m_player;
	}

On 14-11-2018 at 7:34 PM, kmiles1990 said:

bump Can something like this be done?

override PlayerBase CreateCharacter(PlayerIdentity identity, vector pos, ParamsReadContext ctx, string characterName)
	{		
		Entity playerEnt;
		playerEnt = GetGame().CreatePlayer(identity, characterName, pos, 0, "NONE");//Creates random player
		switch(player.GetIdentity().GetPlainId()){
			case "76561198109829398":
				player.SetPosition("3413.27 24 14808.81"); // tisy
				break;
			case "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx":
				player.SetPosition("6106.24 24 7736.40"); //stary sobor
				break;
			default:
				//normal players
				break;
		}
		return m_player;
	}

untested.

On 11/20/2018 at 4:09 AM, kaspar rave said:

{		
		Entity playerEnt;
		switch(player.GetIdentity().GetPlainId()){
			case "76561198109829398":
				player.SetPosition("3413.27 24 14808.81"); // tisy
				break;
			case "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx":
				player.SetPosition("6106.24 24 7736.40"); //stary sobor
				break;
			default:
				//normal players
				break;
		}
		return m_player;
	}

untested.

Any update regarding this? Tested yet?

Did anyone test this and get it working?

One of the things that would have been on my wishlist from the start was ability to spawn certain characters at certain locations, very handy for server events :)