Sign in to follow this  
Steve Hill

Gaming Deluxe Server

Hello all,

posting here as you guys are full of great information! So i've recently got a server again after a year or 2 away, via gaming deluxe it's a private shard server for my clan friends. anyway, my question is this: Can i add mods to this server should we want to go down this route? or will i have to create a server myself using the tools provided by DayZ?

And also i can't do any edits to the config in depth, so i assume i can't change loot spawn etc

Thanks for any help in advance

31 minutes ago, Steve Hill said:

Hello all,

posting here as you guys are full of great information! So i've recently got a server again after a year or 2 away, via gaming deluxe it's a private shard server for my clan friends. anyway, my question is this: Can i add mods to this server should we want to go down this route? or will i have to create a server myself using the tools provided by DayZ?

And also i can't do any edits to the config in depth, so i assume i can't change loot spawn etc

Thanks for any help in advance

Every server has the capability of being modded. You should consult your GSP support to find out their stance on adding modding support to their system.

We used to have gaming deluxe 2 months ago they refused to give us access to any files stating as a shard it remains vanilla. So we went down the self hosted route was 4 times cheaper. Check out the data centres server auctions you can get good deals on them and if there's a problem you don't need to wait days for gd to try and fix it

20 hours ago, Sy8282 said:

you don't need to wait days for gd to try and fix it

If it were not for the price and the mod capability i would still highly recommend GD for good and fast service, especially compared to Fragnet and weeks of waiting time for answers with zero helpfulnes. But with the price in mind and no change in sight we had to cancel our server at GD too.

GTX Gaming has been great since I switched to them and their prices are reasonable.

3 hours ago, -=maverick=- said:

If it were not for the price and the mod capability i would still highly recommend GD for good and fast service, especially compared to Fragnet and weeks of waiting time for answers with zero helpfulnes. But with the price in mind and no change in sight we had to cancel our server at GD too.

we had an issue with corrupt persistence they thought they knew better we were offline for 3 days when we told them we were cancelling they then offered us the shard less setup they were still double the price of hetzner though

That issue happened to us with Fragnet and GD, seems to be more of a DayZ thingy. Both handled it pretty much the same with a wipe and a regular persistance backup job in their interface afterwards. But yeah, the price...