Knightfade

Server help

So, I want to know is there any guide to putting the server on a VPS instead of running it off my desktop and port forwarding? 

I have the server fully running everything is working but I can't find anything on how to actually put it on a VPS like I have seen others do.

It really depends on what you're trying to achieve.

When you've already got everything working, the next step would be to rent yourself a Windows-VM / dedicated server from any of the vendors out there. When you have RDP-access, the setup process is the same as on your local machine.

4 hours ago, kichilron said:

It really depends on what you're trying to achieve.

When you've already got everything working, the next step would be to rent yourself a Windows-VM / dedicated server from any of the vendors out there. When you have RDP-access, the setup process is the same as on your local machine.

Will it be possible to run the servers on Ubuntu / Linux ? I know how to work with that & know where to get the good servers from, however for Windows servers I'm not sure on where to get, I have been looking but I'm not 100% sure what I'm looking for where it comes to windows & where to get them

Edited by Knightfade
more info

Just now, Knightfade said:

Will it be possible to run the servers on Ubuntu / Linux ?

No, not at this time.

Take a moment and read the pinned topic:

1 minute ago, kichilron said:

No, not at this time.

Take a moment and read the pinned topic:

Is there a place you can point me to where I will be able to get a server from? as I say I'm not 100% on what I'm looking for when it comes to windows since I don't use them.

6 minutes ago, Knightfade said:

Is there a place you can point me to where I will be able to get a server from? as I say I'm not 100% on what I'm looking for when it comes to windows since I don't use them.

There is no one vendor I can recommend. But renting a windows server is no different than renting a linux server.

If you do not have experience with Windows Server, I recommend actually renting a "normal" game server - that way you don't have to tinker with the server setup and have to keep the game updated. And if you would just rent a single Windows Server instance to host DayZ on that, it would not be cheaper than renting a standalone DayZ Server.

Just now, kichilron said:

There is no one vendor I can recommend. But renting a windows server is no different than renting a linux server.

If you do not have experience with Windows Server, I recommend actually renting a "normal" game server - that way you don't have to tinker with the server setup and have to keep the game updated. And if you would just rent a single Windows Server instance to host DayZ on that, it would not be cheaper than renting a standalone DayZ Server.

I have actually found what you have said so, I would just get the server files that I have set up put them on to the remote desktop (Windows server) and start the server up on there? 

3 hours ago, kichilron said:

Okay so I have the files on the VM and when I start the server it's just stuck at Dedicated host created? Do I need to install steam ect on there because I just downloaded the files for the server

Hey guys,

So I have installed steam on my Windows-VM server and installed the server but I already have a server working so I'm also using them files I just installed it on steam to make sure everything was downloaded, everytime I run the server however it seems to just get stuck on "Dedicated host created" and goes no futher does anyone know why?

Please refrain from opening new topics for the same issue.

As far as I am aware, you are going to have to install Steam or SteamCMD to download the serverfiles properly.

On 03/11/2018 at 8:17 AM, kichilron said:

Please refrain from opening new topics for the same issue.

As far as I am aware, you are going to have to install Steam or SteamCMD to download the serverfiles properly.

The issue was renting a server, I had the server on a Windows-VM and it didn't work, I installed in ubuntu it worked, then this update happened it now gives me this e985ce8c6d2e13e0342bb068d1437e3d.png