Mauricio Britto

BAD NAME

2 hours ago, Mauricio Britto said:

Is there a script that blocks people with the name Survivor? I'am using BEC but dont kick Badnames

Thanks for help.

If you aren't using DayZ SA Launcher, chances are your name will be Survivor.... changing your name in-game doesn't seem to make a difference so for your name to change, you need a command line/launcher. You'd be kicking a LOT of players.

Have you tried seting it through steam ? If not, goto DayZ and rightclick -> Settings -> Startup Parameters

There you have to enter "-name YOURNAME" without the " and replace YOURNAME with the name you want.

Register your server with cftools the program has auto kick option for survivor name 

I think a lot of players aren't aware of the command line option that lets you set their name. They try setting it in-game and it doesn't stay. I think kicking players with the name "Survivor" would lead to a LOT of kicks.

Edit YOURPCNAME.settings.DayZProfile in Documents/DayZ folder and add 'playerName=YOURNAME;' at around line 410 (under LastMpMission=Chernarusplus;) and save, this will make your name appear in every server you join regardless and saves having to do the launch params thing.

Also add this instruction to your scheduler so people will have the knowledge of how to do it, then notify you will kick on users having the name Survivor in a few days time to give people a pre-warning.

Wish Devs would address this issue and a few other issues regarding MOTD not showing and better Bec intergration as Im sure it would only take a few hours of their time, if that.

• Like 1

Until it is fixed in-game, I wouldn't suggest kicking players with the name "Survivor" because most players aren't going to come here to find out how to fix their name. 

Also, what's wrong with the MOTD? Works on my server.