grillstern666

DayZSC Config Tool

Hi,

i coded a small little helper tool to edit my dayz server config file.

wg6IGHz.jpg

Maybe it is helpful :-) 

Please do backup by hand first - early version may be buggy

Download 0.16e

Edited by grillstern666
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 2

Added a additional tool to show your ServerPlayerSpawn Positions on map and to handle them just a little more confortable. You can click with your mouse into the map to get the prop. coordinats, but for better resolution I recommend using iZurvive or something similar.

Edited by grillstern666
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, liuniwan528 said:

The software you released does not have a second image feature.

you have to load the path to mission at the bottom. mine will not load and I just get errors so hopefully yours works fine for you.

Thanx for the info. I will switch the file hoster for next update (with new basic loottable editing)  today in the evening. Hope I can find something where the link does not expire so fast. :-) 

18 hours ago, grillstern666 said:

Thanx for the info. I will switch the file hoster for next update (with new basic loottable editing)  today in the evening. Hope I can find something where the link does not expire so fast. :-) 

something to speed up adding items or changing values in types.xml would help alot

Uploaded a new Version with basic editing of the .xml files in you \db folder.

May be buggy so please backup your files first.

I tried this and have some issues, The changes I make for the serverDZ.cfg dont work for me, even after I have set file path to missions with "\" and have exe in server folder. Saving and closing off and restarting sets everything back to default (Mission path dir D:\steamlibrary\etc...), Spawnpoints dots dont work for me even when I see it loaded the spawnpoints file, I have no green dots to indicate spawnpoints on map, MOTD dont save info when checked in the serverDZ.cfg after saving, Not sure if this is just me or program still has bugs maybe. Great work so far btw.

I will have a look at the issue in the evening. I will try to make setting the mission path more user friendly via a "Select Folder" Dialog instead of manual editing the textbox.

On 14/10/2018 at 10:54 PM, Zhovaniy Krot said:

Sorry! I`m stupid and no read readme! Must ends with  "\" ))

Great tool!!!

you should idiot-proof that by running a check on the input string to see if the final character is a backslash, if not, add it

Nice work getting better every release, I have a problem with the map it wont show some of the dots it comes up with an overflow error also when i try to zoom in or out it comes up with and error chernarusplusmap.jpg hope this helps, looks very promising.

1 hour ago, grillstern666 said:

Updated to 0.14a. Please backup your files first, may be buggy.

Edited by ICEMAN-FMCS
added more info on issue.

3 hours ago, ICEMAN-FMCS said:

Nice work getting better every release, I have a problem with the map it wont show some of the dots it comes up with an overflow error also when i try to zoom in or out it comes up with and error chernarusplusmap.jpg hope this helps, looks very promising.

I'm having a similar issue as iceman.  Here is a screenshot.  I also noticed none of the menus actually do anything for me in this version.AdfKGl8.png

Does this Error appear on startup of DayZSC or just when you try to click/load something?!

@mrsprinkles (DayZ): Do you still have "empty" pages after setting your mission path again?

Edited by grillstern666