SilvioDoHOTS

[Closed] How to clean up body and weapons from the ground after a while?

I made up a small pvp server for my friends in a small area. Everything works perfect, when the server is on for a while and alot of deaths happens, stack up a lot of bodies and weapons on the ground, and this causes too much lag. How can I cleanup this bodies/weapons after a while?

Edit: Pic of the issue, that can provoke lag and alot of fps loss.

2nDg0Ra.jpg

Edited by SilvioDoHOTS

\db\globals.xml
<var name="CleanupLifetimeDefault" type="0" value="{{ VALUE IN MINUTES }}"/>

7 minutes ago, philippj said:

\db\globals.xml

<var name="CleanupLifetimeDefault" type="0" value="{{ VALUE IN MINUTES }}"/>

@philippj this is valid for weapons and dropped items too?

Edit: I already changed the value to 1

<var name="CleanupLifetimeDefault" type="0" value="1"/>

but the corpses don't despawn, aparently you have to move away from them to this happen. Do you know where I can change that?

11 minutes ago, philippj said:

Did you restart the server?

Yes, I did. When I restart the server, the corpses disappear. But once the server is on, the corpses don't disappear. I have to restart the server again to them vanish.

4 hours ago, SilvioDoHOTS said:

@philippj this is valid for weapons and dropped items too?

Edit: I already changed the value to 1

<var name="CleanupLifetimeDefault" type="0" value="1"/>

but the corpses don't despawn, aparently you have to move away from them to this happen. Do you know where I can change that?

Same here.

45 minutes ago, Ton_41 said:

How to clear items on the ground when server restart.

On server restart is simple, just do what @philippj told above. Our problem is to clear items while the server is up.

7 minutes ago, SilvioDoHOTS said:

On server restart is simple, just do what @philippj told above. Our problem is to clear items while the server is up.

I mean if I dump items on floor when server restart that items is remain such as meat ,campfire ,cloth. Not mean  drop in the house.

9 minutes ago, Ton_41 said:

I mean if I dump items on floor when server restart that items is remain such as meat ,campfire ,cloth. Not mean  drop in the house.

You can aways turn off persistence. I think it is on serverDZ.cfg

2 minutes ago, SilvioDoHOTS said:

You can aways turn off persistence. I think it is on serverDZ.cfg

instanceId = 1;         // DayZ server instance id to identify number of instances per box and their storage folders with persistence files
lootHistory = 1;         // how many persistence history files should been kept by instance, number is looped over during save
storeHouseStateDisabled = false;          // Disable houses/doors persistence (value true/false), usable in case of problems with persistence
storageAutoFix = 1;         // Checks if persistence files are corrupted and replaces corrupted ones with empty ones (value 0-1)

where to close that?

Edited by Ton_41

Just now, Ton_41 said:

instanceId = 1;         // DayZ server instance id to identify number of instances per box and their storage folders with persistence files
lootHistory = 1;         // how many persistence history files should been kept by instance, number is looped over during save
storeHouseStateDisabled = false;          // Disable houses/doors persistence (value true/false), usable in case of problems with persistence
storageAutoFix = 1;         // Checks if persistence files are corrupted and replaces corrupted ones with empty ones (value 0-1)

where to close that

I don't know exactly, but if isn't there, definitely it is on dayzOffline.chernarusplus/db. Since your issue is different from the one of this post, you should look into /db files explanation or open a new thread. You can also disable the dropped itens in economy.xml (it was what I did).

PS for others: I have added a image of the issue on the main thread post.