Masok88

Nighttime?!!

Just logged into a server in the middle of the night.. scary much? All I could hear was snarling and the screen was black. Even when I turned it up it was dark!

Any way round this?

Eat more carrots, they help you see in the dark.

I would try chemlights but I hear they're bad for your health

Consider turning up both Gamma and Brightness. Turn up HDR as well.

Did the beta patch not remove any effectiveness of turning up your gamma/brightness? Wasn't that what all that qq'ing was about? Turning those things up don't effect my night vision anymore.

Thanks, I'm all for realism but it was unplayable

Consider turning up both Gamma and Brightness. Turn up HDR as well.

Did the beta patch not remove any effectiveness of turning up your gamma/brightness? Wasn't that what all that qq'ing was about? Turning those things up don't effect my night vision anymore.

It's effectiveness was reduced, but it still provides a minor visibility increasse.

Moonlight in nights vary, sometimes it will be pitch black, sometimes it will be very playable. General rule, sleep during the night if you don't have chemlight or flares - They should be a common spawn, however.

Moonlight in nights vary' date=' sometimes it will be pitch black, sometimes it will be very playable. General rule, sleep during the night if you don't have chemlight or flares - They should be a common spawn, however.

[/quote']

Uh.. They are? I run across more road flares than empty tin cans some day. While chem lights are slightly less common, you still find a ton of them. But the point about the moon is pretty valid. Some nights the moon lights up the sky brilliantly. Other times, it's just better to play on a day time server.

best tips allready been said but there is an official the NIght is to DARK thread.

also flares chemlights and if you got none. use your flashlight?

Moonlight in nights vary' date=' sometimes it will be pitch black, sometimes it will be very playable. General rule, sleep during the night if you don't have chemlight or flares - They should be a common spawn, however.

[/quote']

Uh.. They are?

Yes, they are. As quoted.

And how come we forgot the flashlight?

Either find servers from different time zones or play at night.

I played a night server properly for the first time last night in a small group and it was a blast. If you're sceptical about it you should try it out, added another layer of fun to the game for me.

If you value your gear, don't play a night server unless you have NVG's.

Flares just broadcast your exact location to everyone withing a 2km radius.