Kynero1

Problem Switching Between Game Chat and Party Chat after This Weeks Update

Xbox Version 63.148707 Update

I have tried to move from Xbox party chat to Game Chat while staying in an Xbox party by going through Xbox menu after latest update.

When our Xbox party all switched to game chat via Xbox menu and then double pressed down on D pad so the mike icon shows in HUD we were still not able to go into game chat.  This only worked if our party backed out of a server and entered a new server while staying in game chat in the Xbox menu.  When our party entered the new server we were in game chat after pressing down on D pad and could her each other through speakers in game proximity mode.  This was very complicated and forced us to server jump which is not what we wanted to do.

We tried several times to move to game chat  but had to server hop to accomplish it as noted above.  There needs to be a reliable way to move to game chat from party chat.

If you could chat on Discord via the xbox and then it would be as easy as PC by just toggling to chat in both at the same time, pity with all these advances in technology they cant seem to sort the basic logic of communication out in a game like this.......

It works for some but not all unfortunately, one of my friends can be in our party and use proximity chat but me and my other friend can't. I think people will be more relaxed when it comes to meeting new players on a server because not being able to communicate tends to lead to shoot first because we don't know if they are friendly. Please fix asap. Thanks.

We have done more testing on switching between game and party chat.  Initially it seems that when in a party if the party members all switch from party chat to game chat it works the first time, however if we switch back to party chat then try to go back into game chat again it would then not work.  So this is not reliable or consistent.