Stealth (DayZ)

Group/Party Spawning

I think a great feature to add is the ability to group spawn. To make it fair, I think only fresh spawns (just died) should be able to spawn together. I enjoy nothing more then playing with a bunch of people I know but it sucks when we all jump in a game, to end up taking a few hours just so we call can meet up. Having the ability to maybe spawn together as a group (if even possible) would be an awesome addition to the game.

Totally agree.

However, with all the servers being full and whatnot, it wouldn't make a difference having group spawning because you'd rarely be able to all spawn at the same time anyway.

Tricky situation, but something needs to be done to allow group-play (with friends) easier.

I have to disagree. I actually like the fact that once you die, you have to walk back. Gives you time to gather things and you can also get new supplies for your mates. Maybe just the initial spawn as a group but not when you die.

Great Suggestion! I am so tired of running hours after spawn just to meet friends, such a time wasting.

it must NOT turn to bf team dm! so no. No group respawn tied to position of player\group!

One thing i support is when "safe house" will be made - possibility to select respawn point between default shore and safe house _building_. If safe house will be able to hold items all members of a group carried there - freshly respawned member can gain access to it and be in place where all members will be with some frequency.

I`d like to see craftable or lootable crates wich can be personal loot storage, i hope db server will hold out to process it.

Would definitely be a nice feature, but detract from the 'all alone' feeling you get when thrown into the harsh environment that DayZ offers. Meeting up, that process of finding survivors and wondering "is that really my friend?" is an interesting part of the game. I understand your frustration at not being able to spawn in a squad, and I'm sure it would be a nice addition, I'm not sure I can see it being added, simply because being isolated and alone is an experience I think is intentional, and removing it (allowing clans to instantly start together) would give clans/groups an advantage over individual survivors and probably mean that clan mates will be less inclined to group with singular survivors. Just my 2 cents.

Would it be possible to create an instance zone where new characters start but existing ones will stay where they log in and off once entering the actual island.

So to explain my point, you are a new character (whether first time playing or you have just died) and you start in a lobby type scenario (Much like Natural selection 1&2) where there are gates to spawn randomly on the map or to spawn randomly on the map but with a partner(s).

If this is possible to also maybe limit the amount of people to spawn in one specific randomly generated area to 4.

With this system, if your mate decides to log in and F*$£ off without you, you will not lose this 'alone' feeling, futhermore this idea of a lobby could be a good way to introduce limited ways of storing a few basic items or weapons, without making it over kill and storing everything you come across as it is only accessed upon death.

The idea of choice once you start a character would remain with this system and you do not become a massive hoarding machine

The idea is good, how to make it work while keeping a random balance?

It's very hard to meet up at the moment partly because of the Z spawn "problem", making it through 3 or 4 villages to a meeting place is deadly dangerous...

I don't have issues getting on the same server, that's so far NOT been a problem other then when the main server is being buggy and isn't letting people log on.

Aside from that, I don't think group spawning would take away from the game as you would only be able to spawn with no guns or ammo extra..you just spawn together as a fresh guy. Even if it was a limited group spawn of say max 4 people.