HEEROCKSS

Server Hosting Parameters

Than he should google how he can forward ports in his router. This is essential for all kind of server stuff.

i have my ports fowarded open on my router and firewall server runs but dosent show in lan or main server list can someone please help thanks

Hi,

i was just wondering, how did you get DartZ to work?
It keeps saying wrong password, and keeps saying i need to edit the beserver.cfg file??

i created the beserver.cfg file in the battleye folder and typed in the following:

RConPassword "somepassword"
RestrictRCon 0

I tried also with 1, on the RestrictRcon no change.

I'm having issues seeing my server as well in the server browser, it should be up an running on **.***.209.72:2302, i did my portforward, but even if i search on the wan address it doesn't show up.  Only in LAN... it doesn't show up anywhere and i've done my portforwarding correct, as i hosted CSGO servers ect before...

is it just a bug, that I can't see from here?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Jonas Kousted Hansen

[error] [server config] instanceid parameter is mandatory and must be a 32 integer.

this is the error im getting when setting up and i have tried loads of different numbers its my first server install and am not getting any further than ths part

Just now, Needaserver said:

[error] [server config] instanceid parameter is mandatory and must be a 32 integer.

this is the error im getting when setting up and i have tried loads of different numbers its my first server install and am not getting any further than ths part

1. Download the server tool from steam

2. go through the serverDZ.cfg and set setting like hostname, password ect. ect. only type within theese handles "blablabla"

3. once completed save, and the create a batch script. Right click create a new text document, and type in your start parameters. 

Mine look something like this: DayZServer_x64.exe -config=serverDZ.cfg -port=2302 -profiles=D:\Dayz\Characters -freezecheck -noFilePatching -BEpath=battleye -cpucount=4

4. save the file, as a .bat / make sure file extensions is enabled in your folder view.

5. doubleclick your batch script, and you should be good to go.

FYI, i had to update directx on my machine to get rid of some dll errors.

Edited by Jonas Kousted Hansen