Sign in to follow this  
Tommy1337

Downgrade to 0.63.148605

Hello, i downloaded the new patch and now i cant join a experimental server, how i can downgrade the game?

well - I guess you didn't make a  previous backup ..  (it takes space).. so stick with the latest version.

- so try to get it to run : Set "correct version" in your DayZ server menu options..choose "Official servers".. set your ping to about 150 to get plenty of them listed.. blank out "previously played" ..  (you know that stuff, right?) .. then try to get in to the top 6 or 8 lowest ping Experimental servers - see what message you get each time.

If you decide it's REALLY your game files that ARE messing you up _ (you maybe know how to do this already.. but..)

In Steam Library, right click on your 'DayZ experimental'  and choose Properties, then select Local Files. Run the steam check "Verify Integrity of Local Files"

if it all comes out OK,  BUT you still can't join a server, go back to your DayZ/Properties/Local files and open "Browse Local Files"

that opens Steam/steamapps/common/DayZ on your rig.

- move out the FOLDERS (only, NOT the lone files) that have NOT been updated (the other folders will have today's date, OK?, because they were just updated) .. just move those folders OUT onto your desktop, <then you can put them back in again if you have a problem>.  Now run "Verify Integrity" again.. Steam will REPLACE the folders you moved away (and the files in them) that were not updated. so they will definitely be the latest versions,  Even if they are still "old files" (not today's date) you know they are the newest ones that should today definitely run the game..

Maybe they really didn't Need updating..  but I had this problem, ( I was moving back to Experimental ),  and Steam was missing an update somewhere in one of those "no need to update" folders.. I did this and the game ran ok. It was the Missions folder that was messing me about, in my case.. Battleye didn't like it.

Don't move out your single files that are NOT in folders, for instance like your "steam_appid.txt" file.. else Steam will throw a wobbler and you'll have to  reinstall. Just move ONLY  the Folders that don't have today's date on the folder.

If this doesn't help you .. at least you know your whole DayZ folder is clean and up to date with the real newest editions of everything you need.

xxP

Edited by pilgrim*
~

1 minute ago, Tommy1337 said:

it says bad version, server rejected connection, i can join on stress test, but not on experimental/unstable

@pilgrim*

OK - so go toSteam Library and look to see if your DayZ is listed as DayZ Experimental OR Dayz stress test
You can change it in  DayZ  . [right click]  / Properties / Betas - & choose 'Experimental' (NOT 'Stress Test') from the drop down list .. (there is no code to enter). Then Close that select window & download  ..

If you are already listed in your Steam Library as DayZ Experimental, then try my suggestion in the last post above? -  but it sounds like you've chosen to install Stress Test instead of Experimental,  because you can get into stress test servers.. hmm ?

Anyone else got this problem?

• Beans 1