Poolofdeath1337

Issues found with quick fix solutions

Question

Hello I've been playing the game preview since launch and know we have all been plagued with of the same bugs this more of help too on some solutions I found to fix them.First this isn't a post to come bitch about issues for a game in preview this is a topic I'm making to try and help people solve issues there having from solutions I've found

1.Shooting blank rounds - this is a tricky one as my solution works 8 out of 10 times when shooting a rifle or any gun you can here the rounds from the gun but no amount of ammo fired lands. from what I can tell the game isn't registering the bullet in the mag what has fixes this is placing gun on ground emptying mag moving 2feet away or else it tries to reload the same mag emptying mag and filling all but 1 round it seems to clear the jam.

2. Character won't stand up and move rubber bands around but crouching seems to have charecter sprinting at super speed. This is a simple relog issue.

3. Items disappearing this I have nothing on it just seems going into a server and back out too fast seems to duplicate certain items and replace them with another item in your bag mainly it seems to duplicate knifes and mags for me and remove food or matches or other utility items. 

4. Hand clipping into your gun on jumping . This one speaks for it's self if u jump while scoping your gun clips into your hand. I've found either a relog or repeating same process fixes this now the upside to this if u do the same thing with the compass I found it makes the compass readable actually 

5. Compass issues. This one seems to be more to due with character model interfering with the compass I've found if u stand in a door and look over your shoulder you can read the compass a little bit enough to find out where at least 2 directions are anyway lol.

6. Character locked in database. If you get this issue simple fix is to click home button on the dayZ game app manage game and add-ons locate the part that says saved info and delete it this clears the character u have stuck in que without deleting game it's self 

Again just something's that have worked for me with some known issues. feel free too add anything you guys have found again I know this a game preview regardless of long the game has been being made let's not make this you hating on the game for the bugs enjoy it for what it is and can become

6 answers to this question

I just wait 30 minutes or so and it ussually stop the locked database thing. If you have another account log in that and play another guy in the mean time

What's the compass issue? I think you can only see the compass on first person. I hold left trigger to bring my hands up then I can keep moving and look. Mind you I've stopped using it all together as there's no need, it just takes up inventory space. The shadows always point north west. That's my compass. 

11 minutes ago, Chris Burton said:

I just wait 30 minutes or so and it ussually stop the locked database thing. If you have another account log in that and play another guy in the mean time

I mean I guesd u can do that 2lol . Or take the 2mins too delete saved info either way works I guess

10 minutes ago, CarlTheGooner said:

What's the compass issue? I think you can only see the compass on first person. I hold left trigger to bring my hands up then I can keep moving and look. Mind you I've stopped using it all together as there's no need, it just takes up inventory space. The shadows always point north west. That's my compass. 

The compass issue is when u open compass u can't see the directions because it sits in front of the player model the shadow pointing northwest would deff be great way for new players to get there bearings though 

If you mean in third person I thought that was intended? I play in first person mainly so doesn't affect me. Just press your right stick in to look then go back to 3p if you like.