Sign in to follow this  
xazper

Custom DayZ island (map, terrain)

Chernarus is a good place for DayZ, at least better than any of the other maps that comes standard with the game. But frankly I'm starting to get a little bored with it. I've been thinking that a mod like DayZ really deserves it's own custom island (map) specifically designed for a zombie game. Something larger with more variation and challange.

What would you like to see in a custom DayZ map?

Personally I dream of something like Chernarus. Eastern-European forests and fields, but much larger. I'd also like to see larger cities, and more of them, not just 2 right next to each other but 3 or 4 spread around so you would have to really travel to get to them. Chernagorsk and Elektro are good, but they would be better if they were 4 times the size. Something I think would be good is if in these huge cities there would be hard-to-reach zones. Medical or government areas with an extremely high number of zombies. Something you NEED a group to get to, and with matching rewards. I'd also like to see rivers and a few large islands. Something that would make boats more valuable.

I know Arma3 is out soon(ish) and its maps will be much larger, but until then.

lol imagine it with JC2 map... LOL!

EDIT: Forgot to say, I actually agree that it would work much better with its own map designed specifically for it

Underground areas! :D

Metro 2033 <3

For a rather obvious reason it should be an island - no more worries about off-map camps.

Underground areas so hard. Long square concrete corridors without a single light source in sight.

I'd play that.

I'm not sure as I have not looked into the modding community for this game (ArmA 2) but are there tools and people out there making custom maps? If so... I see no reason why we should not jump on this right now - obviously we're not being told to, so whether they chose to use our work or not isn't up to us, but if the quality is high and people like it why the heck not?

Multiple maps for the game might also be interesting, though there are many routes to handle the complications of doing so I am not sure if any of them are really "neat and tidy".

If nothing else - we should draw up maps, post them here, make suggestions and tweak things until it's known what is ideal or not.

One thing I would like to see is have multiple (as in 3 or more) locations with roughly equal levels of high end loot - absolutely increasing access to the best stuff and giving no-one a clear advantage for camping the "one good spot" to prevent other's looting it.

So yeah, draw some maps! :D

Edit: Ok lookie here: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_2_Terrain_Tutorial