Sign in to follow this  
Cromyth

The Ugly Truth

This is the story of my life in Chernarus.

I arrived in the morning, washed up on the shore of Chernogorsk. A city that appeared to be an industrial town with factories and smokestacks illuminating the horizon. There was a heavy mist covering the area. Through the mist I could see these, staggering, clumsy, bloodied zombies. It would only make sense, the blown up cars littering the road, the absence of any order, it all clicked. I slowly made my way from street to street, scouring the homes and offices for something of value. I then found the town hall in all it's glory. I walked inside and could not believe my eyes, guns, not just any guns, AKs, with kobra sights, ammo in abundance, I nearly cried. All decked out in my new gear I set out to leave the town without causing as much of a disturbance as possible. Suddenly I heard something call out from behind me, "Hey, Friendly!?" I could tell by the sound of this man's voice, he was scared. I look over my shoulder to see the man wearing an all black outfit and a baseball cap. He seemed to have honest intentions and I responded with a "Yeah." As soon as I said that I noticed movement in the corner of my eye. I saw two others wearing baseball caps. They raised their weapons at me, I look back at the man who called out, he had his weapon raised as well. I closed my eyes and accepted my fate.

Then the sound I was waiting for, a bang. However I did not die. Rather one of the two men collapsed with blood pouring from his head, I was then shot in the chest and collapsed. The sound of gunfire filled the air. What had just happened? All of a sudden a man in camouflage wearing a balaclava was standing over me and I was on my feet. I looked behind him and I saw 3 other men wearing the same gear. In a deep voice with a thick Russian accent he said, "Stay away from this area, you're lucky we were leaving or else you would have been a dead man."

"Who are you?" I asked.

There was no response. I watched as his men looted the bodies of the three victims and ran out of the town. In the distance I could hear the roar of an engine and slowly, the sound faded.

Wow' date=' very dramatic.

Great read! You should do more of these.

+Rep

[/quote']

I have to write an essay for my Future Worlds class and I was thinking of basing it off of my adventures in this mod. If I do end up doing that I could post it in here. The essay would be multiple pages long so I'd have to post it on google docs then link it from there.

I have to write an essay for my Future Worlds class and I was thinking of basing it off of my adventures in this mod. If I do end up doing that I could post it in here. The essay would be multiple pages long so I'd have to post it on google docs then link it from there.

Can't speak for others, but if you did I would definitely give it a read! :D

Why didn't you kill them? They shot you, I would have gladly died in a hail of bullets if it meant I could of downed one or two of them.

Why didn't you kill them? They shot you' date=' I would have gladly died in a hail of bullets if it meant I could of downed one or two of them.

[/quote']

Because he was just saved by them... that would be a piss poor way to thank them! He was being held up by another group if you read the story right and this group of bandits actually saved him.

Obviously, that group in the bandit skin were only hunting other bandits, not lonely travelers.

Thanks for an AWESOME story... It's amazing that games portray russians as the bad guys, I bet if the group were americans the story teller would have surely died!

this is a pretty interesting story, and if it was a real event then it confirms my belief, it seems like (as of right now) the majority of pro players who are able to make vehicles and stuff almost all end up as bandits from so much self-defense. so im thinking a good survival tactic would be instead of just shoot any bandit on sight, if u notice its a group of bandits mixed with survivors its a good chance that there not PKers.

i would try to group up with anyone who has a vehicle lol.