DXMIMZY

Gun Jams: How to Fix?

Question

So ive been trying to figure this out for a while now. Ive been experimenting quite a bit and have come across one problem i have yet to figure out how to fix on the Xbox version of DayZ. If there is no way to fix this problem as of right now, please let me know.

When I hold Y to put a gun on the ground, then press A on the Mag to remove from the gun, the gun seems to jam in this way every time. So to begin, I would advise all players for now to not remove a Mag from your gun by laying it on the ground! So my question is, how do I fix the jammed gun, or is it fixable at all? Is the gun rendered useless until a new patch? I have tried several attempts in several ways to put the Mag into the gun, and it simply will not work. 

1. Laid the Mag on the floor and Pressed RT to put it into the gun. NOPE.

2. Placed the gun in my hand and press B to combine. NOPE.

3. Laid the Gun on the floor and put the Mag in my hands. NOPE.

4. Unloaded all mags, split the bullets, and reloaded them in case it had bugged out, or if maybe individual bullets could have been worn or damaged. NOPE.

5. Unloaded one bullet from the Mag in case the gun was reading the mag as "too full" for the jammed chamber or something crazy like that. NOPE

6. Loaded one bullet into the chamber, (Which works by the way.) to see if it would relieve the jam in some way. NOPE.

7. Did it again, but fired the one bullet in the chamber. NOPE.

8. Put the gun on the ground, and tried to use a Gun Repair/Cleaning kit. NOPE.

9. Put the gun in my hands and tried the regular way by pressing Y. NOPE.

So as you can see, ive tried everything to my knowledge, and i can not get the Mag to go into the gun. Idk if this is an actual gun jam or a bug, but by watching other videos, it seems to represent a gun jam. Pristine everything! Hopefully someone has figured this out, because it is a big waste to throw away gun after gun, just because it jams or bugs out. Please let me know if their is no fix as of right now, so ill know how to loot things properly in the game.

Edited by DXMIMZY

14 answers to this question

Its the 'gun' glitching. 

Every time I've had it; Ive been unable to fix it. Tried using all the methods youve mentioned and I had to replace the weapon. 

Mags would work on other weapons but not the glitched weapon but still any mag that would work on the other weapon still wouldn't on the glitched weapon.

Hope a fix comes soon!

Edited by Powell x91
Spelling typo

Good thorough post. I managed to get to a military base last night and got an M4. Decked it out with about 4 attachments. Including a magazine but I could not take the magazine from the gun to refill it with the ammo I had, though I could take every other attachment off it. I was stuck to shooting single shot and having to reload after every shot. It's the only time I've found all three, gun mag and ammo so that's my only experience. Got eaten 10 mind later by 8 wolves. Go figure.

Ok after playing all day and finally getting guns and ammo and clips, why you putting the gun on the floor to take the clip out? You can take it out in your inventory. Well in your hand, the clip is under the gun when it's in your hand, just press y on it and it removed it and puts it in your inventory. 

Because the gun is bugged and you cannot take the mag out once it is bugged out. MUST put gun on floor, hope server does not crash. Take out mag. Put gun back to hands. Then combine mag again. Done. 

On 9/2/2018 at 11:07 AM, CarlTheGooner said:

Good thorough post. I managed to get to a military base last night and got an M4. Decked it out with about 4 attachments. Including a magazine but I could not take the magazine from the gun to refill it with the ammo I had, though I could take every other attachment off it. I was stuck to shooting single shot and having to reload after every shot. It's the only time I've found all three, gun mag and ammo so that's my only experience. Got eaten 10 mind later by 8 wolves. Go figure.

I figured out that if the gun is damaged or badly damaged, the mag gets "stuck" in the gun. Once i repaired the gun, it came out. Try that to see if it works for you. It worked for me, but the gun that i fixed had seemed like it was jammed even though I fixed it. So it may be a lost cause. Possible RNG? Hopefully get a working gun i guess.

Edited by DXMIMZY

On 9/2/2018 at 4:00 PM, CarlTheGooner said:

Ok after playing all day and finally getting guns and ammo and clips, why you putting the gun on the floor to take the clip out? You can take it out in your inventory. Well in your hand, the clip is under the gun when it's in your hand, just press y on it and it removed it and puts it in your inventory. 

Its a learning experience. Testing what works, and what doesn't work. What you should do, and shouldn't do. And sometimes it is bugged, hence the reason why I've set guns on the ground to remove mags before. But then I tested this with a working gun, and noticed that every time I did this, it completely disabled the gun or "jammed it." That's why I let people know not to lay the gun on the ground to remove a mag.

Hmmm. For me I can't get off single shot. Pristine guns mags fully loaded even found a brand new one on an empty server, ak loaded with a clip and it still only shot single shot. Is jamming even implemented? Can't see it if infection and broken limbs and other complex things aren't. 

Ok I now have an AKM a M4 and a USG. All have magazines. Can take the mags out no problem. Can shoot and reload no problem. No jamming. However I can only shoot single shot. 100% confirmed only single shot.

Also I picked an AKM up that had a mag in it with 13 bullets, I wanted to fill the mag or replace it with the other one I had. No matter what I did I could not get the mag out, it could not be reloaded. Is this the jam you speak of?

My server is about to go down and I'm on the middle of military base at the end of the runway. Ugh.

On 9/4/2018 at 7:12 AM, CarlTheGooner said:

Ok I now have an AKM a M4 and a USG. All have magazines. Can take the mags out no problem. Can shoot and reload no problem. No jamming. However I can only shoot single shot. 100% confirmed only single shot.

Also I picked an AKM up that had a mag in it with 13 bullets, I wanted to fill the mag or replace it with the other one I had. No matter what I did I could not get the mag out, it could not be reloaded. Is this the jam you speak of?

My server is about to go down and I'm on the middle of military base at the end of the runway. Ugh.

The "jamming" i have been speaking of has been a possibility, because it has been mentioned that gun jamming could be included into the game. "Gun Jamming" can also be a simple name for the bug that we are all experiencing. The Gun Jamming Bug. As far as your Single Fire question, I've been finding auto fired weapons just fine. I've noticed its been RNG on if you pick up a gun that's in Auto or Semi-Auto. Maybe you just been having bad luck?

• Beans 1

Maybe. I've found maybe 2 guns that I haven't been able to take the mag out of. Guess they were jammed. And out of maybe 20 or 30 assault rifles and Smgs, only one has been fully automatic. So bad luck indeed. 

Got a fix for this 'gun glitch' (I think).

Scenario: Gun fires one round then clicks, gun doesn't fire at all, mag shows ammo loaded but rounds do not chamber, mag will not unload from the weapon while in the inventory or in hand.

Fix:
1. Place gun on the ground.
2. Use bumpers to go to the gun, then use triggers to highlight the magazine.
3. Hold A on the magazine and use the bumper to drag it to the HAND slot.
4. Load/unload the mag or do what ever you need to do then PLACE IT IN INVENTORY (preferably into the backpack - more on this in a minute).
5. Pick up the gun into your HAND slot.
6. Bumper to your inventory and highlight the magazine and hit B.

***weapon should now function properly***

Why place mags in the backpack?
After you gun is functioning properly and you want to change mags by hitting Y, the weapon will absolutely not reload (assuming you have multiple mags) if they are not in the backpack.

What if you only have one mag?
Obviously you'll need to manually load the mag after you expend it. This is treading dangerously back into 'gun glitch' territory. You can get the mag out without issue from the inventory then place the mag in your hand to refill it, but once you are done it MUST BE PLACED BACK IN THE BACKPACK. If you select your gun whilst the mag is in hand, you've just re-glitched your gun and you need to repeat the steps listed above.

Hope this helps. :)

36 minutes ago, Dan Wes said:

Got a fix for this 'gun glitch' (I think).

Scenario: Gun fires one round then clicks, gun doesn't fire at all, mag shows ammo loaded but rounds do not chamber, mag will not unload from the weapon while in the inventory or in hand.

Fix:
1. Place gun on the ground.
2. Use bumpers to go to the gun, then use triggers to highlight the magazine.
3. Hold A on the magazine and use the bumper to drag it to the HAND slot.
4. Load/unload the mag or do what ever you need to do then PLACE IT IN INVENTORY (preferably into the backpack - more on this in a minute).
5. Pick up the gun into your HAND slot.
6. Bumper to your inventory and highlight the magazine and hit B.

***weapon should now function properly***

Why place mags in the backpack?
After you gun is functioning properly and you want to change mags by hitting Y, the weapon will absolutely not reload (assuming you have multiple mags) if they are not in the backpack.

What if you only have one mag?
Obviously you'll need to manually load the mag after you expend it. This is treading dangerously back into 'gun glitch' territory. You can get the mag out without issue from the inventory then place the mag in your hand to refill it, but once you are done it MUST BE PLACED BACK IN THE BACKPACK. If you select your gun whilst the mag is in hand, you've just re-glitched your gun and you need to repeat the steps listed above.

Hope this helps. :)

Doesn't work for me.

15 hours ago, CarlTheGooner said:

Doesn't work for me.

Works for everyone else I've explained this to.

Is your backpack full when you're trying to do this? 1 space must be always available. I forgot to mention that previously.

Experienced this for the first time. I will detail the situation, cause and resolution below for my instance of the issue;

)Action - In my inventory I took out a Mag for the equipped gun by micro managing.

I reloaded the Mag and went go reload by using (b)combine from inventory, tapping (y) with gun in hand.

)Result - both attempts failed. (Dropping gun, dropping Mag, stripping gun never worked)

I thought what did I do different; removed Mag via micromanage.

I opened inventory, with the jammed gun equipped over my shoulder as before. Tried to micro manage the Mag back into the guns slot. I couldn't see the equipped guns sub menu.. When 'rt' down got to the slot above, game crashed three times in a row..

)Resolution - logged on finally after character locked in DB, still the same reload issue, however guns menu now visible, and I successfully load Mag to svd via micromanage.

(User profile, item association, database corruption issue)

Edited by Turdstick
Update