OrLoK

A new "Virus" is in game spreading to the forums

It's not just the forum. It's in-game as well. Almost everyone has been reduced to kill-on-sight because the griefers have made everyone paranoid. Sadly, it's more of a single-player experience unless you join a group outside of the game, which completely kills immersion. I can't walk up to someone and say "Hey, I'm friendly don't shoot" anymore because 90% of the time I'm going to be shot by paranoid/griefing players. Most of the community is killing this mod for me. I can't really enjoy it with all the egotistical, immature imbeciles roaming around acting like they know best. Kids will be kids I suppose...

How sad is it that the notion of thinking before you speak/type' date=' responding with your words instead of silly pictures, or having an expansive vocabulary is considered archaic or pretentious?

That being said, there's a lot of interesting and intelligent people on this forum if you are willing to wade through through the muck. And,of course, if you are willing to accept that pretty much every thread will devolve very quickly into pointless rudeness.

[/quote']

The interesting discussion happened months ago. I'm sorry but now it's just newbie#300000 saying the same thing as newbie#200000, and so of course people who've already had this discussion a million times and are sick of the front page of the forum being spammed with it will troll it.

If you have a truly new suggestion that would allow friendlies to meet up in-game more easily, go post it on suggestions. It's probably already been suggested though; the thing about ideas is they're easier to spout out than IMPLEMENT, so we've got to wait for the actual work to be done.

I have a pet peeve as well you know. Armchair devs who sit on forums posting old ideas as if they're unique, beaming with pride while continuing their forum spam as if they're somehow helping the game. Rocket has probably seen more ideas posted than he has time to try out and implement (many of them good), and yours probably doesn't merit thought.

It's not just the forum. It's in-game as well. Almost everyone has been reduced to kill-on-sight because the griefers have made everyone paranoid. Sadly' date=' it's more of a single-player experience unless you join a group outside of the game, which completely kills immersion. [b']I can't walk up to someone and say "Hey, I'm friendly don't shoot" anymore because 90% of the time I'm going to be shot by paranoid/griefing players. Most of the community is killing this mod for me. I can't really enjoy it with all the egotistical, immature imbeciles roaming around acting like they know best. Kids will be kids I suppose...

repost for bad players (rocket specifically made a t-shirt about idiots like you. "ANY FRIENDLIES IN CHERNO?"):

Wild West Server (does all the work for you, go interact "meaningfully")

Wasteland Medics

Freeside Trading Co, join survivors, trade, help set up a city

Survivor Checkpoint between Cherno and Elektro

These are a few of the more unique things being done. There are also numerous anti-bandit clans, survivor clans, clans that help new spawns with morphine/blood/food/soda/water, solo players who avoid players via stealth, etc.

And if you must meet strangers in-game, do it like you would in a real zombie apocalypse. You wouldn't just walk up to a guy with a gun and yell "HI THERE FRIENDLY?"

Keep some degree of cover while you initiate conversation. Have a friend on overwatch in case the situation goes bad. Test the waters; turn your back and use alt-look to see where he's aiming, chat him up and see if his responses lag like he's also talking in some VOIP (with his REAL group), see if he's trying to lead you into a trap.

Granted, there could be more features implemented to help survivors make cities, establish communication via radio, leave "posters" in-game advertising player cities, friendly clan protocols, meeting points/times for friendlies, etc. so you don't have to meta, but joining the right server + TS really isn't asking too much (or any more than the meta required to check the server lobby for an open-but-full server with decent ping)

"You fit into every point except second one. Thoughts?"

Interesting, can you explain your reasoning? I'd like to know.

Rgds

LoK